Free Domain Names?

bdog13

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get free .com or .net domain names? If not do any of you know how I could get 9000 points as I live in Australia and there are literally NO offers to get points. Any help?

cointoss

Reaction score
There are several ways. I'm currently trying to score one myself. You can win one with the promos. Check the promo section of the forum for more information. I will post a link at the end for you.

You also earn points by posting on the forum. The longer your post, the more points you get. This is the way I'm leaning, as I'm not lucky enough to win one. lol. I should warn you, it will take quite a while to earn enough points by posting alone. I suggest you keep a check on the marketplace. There are many people offering points on here that you can complete more than once. You can also create a thread with any skills or services you can offer. You'd be surprised just who might want to hire you. Read all the new threads and see if you can be of assistance to anyone offering credits for your help. I realize none of these are going to get you a domain name overnight...but, every little bit helps.

Finally, you can earn points by referring people to x10. I'm not 100% sure, but I think you earn points just for sending traffic to x10. I know you earn points when someone signs up.

Links:
For the promo section, visit:
http://forums.x10hosting.com/promos/
Especially this thread:
http://forums.x10hosting.com/promos/26293-new-weekly-promotion.html

To begin promoting your referral link, visit:
http://forums.x10hosting.com/referrals.php

I hope this helps. There are also places on the web where you can complete offers and get a domain name, however, it is likely most of them are also US only. Good luck!

Last edited:

bdog13

Reaction score
Cheers, do you know if the .co.nr is any good? I suppose I'd look dodgy using them though.

Nicolia

Reaction score
I think .co.cc for domain forwarding is better than the other one you mentioned !!

Slothie

Reaction score
I live in Singapore and have never completed an offer.

And no, staff cannot edit their own credits :p

sandogg

Reaction score
Some Registrars to special offers where you can get a 1 year domain registration for free.
i.e. Triple.com were doing this till recently
You just have to look out for them.
Earlier this year I stupidly signed up for Microsoft Office Live small business account without realising the limits etc. and got two .com domains.
Once I realised how stupid that was I cancelled the account but the domains had already been registered under my name so Microsoft gave me all the details required to manage the domains myself and so I have two domains for a year for free, now hosted on x10.

Last edited:

Archkronos

Reaction score
Honestly, although not everybody has a credit card, those who do might as well buy one.

It's only a few dollars. (And half that in British Pounds :p)

fitzysit

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get free .com or .net domain names? If not do any of you know how I could get 9000 points as I live in Australia and there are literally NO offers to get points. Any help?

i am in the same situation as you Bdog13 i live in Australia but the only way i can think is to start posting on somewhere like free domain plaza or free domain land when you get to a certain ammount of credits you can get a free domain

mr kennedy

Reaction score
Well you can use a Uni.CC... it's free and if you use it with DNS, you just have to put a very small banner on your site...

Jesse

Reaction score

If you want a free domain on x10, you should work hard for it by posting or sell your skills for x10 credits. You can also join contests.

Last edited:

warlordste

Reaction score
looks likes am playing this till new year :p am 17 so i have not got a credit card so am looking for a free domain till am 18 lol