Free Domains

jdawg2k

Reaction score
I have co.cc domains and saw them listed but I wanted to bring attention to another free domain registrar that does up to 2 years at a time and you can complete "surveys" which are sometimes glitchy to earn their "money" which can be used for upgrades like vip status with 150 domains, ssl certificates, ect. They can be found at http://www.nic.cz.cc

I hope this is a useful post.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Those surveys are usually a good way to get a mountain of spam.

jdawg2k

Reaction score
So far I've received no spam from any that I did. They're the ones that sell cell phone services for some and others for opt ins that I've seen but good observation. Might make it worth making an email just for the domains so that it'd be easy to dodge spam!

jdawg2k

Reaction score
Also, seriously, even if you have to deal with some spam there's alot of people that would rather do that than try to come up with the cash for everything. Oh and if you wanted to you I think you can make a single domain and add SSL to it then link all your page's shopping carts to it via subdomains and save by only needing 1 SSL cert. Please, anyone with advanced knowledge of this reply and let me know if the idea is flawed. I know its not too uncommon to have a "processor page" outside the actual business's domain so it might be possible. My only question is how to port the shopping carts to them (mind you I haven't looked to see how yet so that might just be a dumb question)

mattblog

Reaction score
Id have to agree with Carl. I dont like being a downer but they can get your spam mail and phone spam. So i suggest using a different email or don't do them at all. plus usually those surveys wont let you end and keep on making you complete surveys until you give up. Good Idea though, Ill check into it. :cool:

Matt,

jdawg2k

Reaction score
so far i've received no spam but yeah i used a second email. the survey's i bother with let you skip thru 6 so called offers then does the phone thing. since i have boost prepaid with everything unlimited i can cancel b4 i'm billed. all i'm sayin is its useful for people like me who due to health have $0 stable income but lucky enough to have internet access and some ideas and don't mind the 5 mins to make a second email to save $26 on SSL certs or extra domain names

ruth01

Reaction score
I still think co.cc is the best domain name you can ever get and it is reliable and flexible. www.co.cc

Humza

Reaction score
The best would be .co.cc, but it does not provide a top level domain so dot.tk would be the best.

Theres also .co.tv

satishan

Reaction score
use x10's subdomain completely safe, flexible and even you want go with top level free domain like .tk and subdomain co.cc better you park that domain rather than modifying it as the main domain, because there are some issues regarding .tk when you attract high traffic...so better to take care.