free forum software

reglus

Reaction score
I ahve been looking inot intergrting a forum inot my website and I was just wondering what the best free forum software would be the best to use if i was to do this.

I have looked at smf and phbb and phbb has been the best by far from my research. however I have heard that there are some security problems with it. I just wanted ot know what otherpeople have to say about what is the best to use.

Thanks

intertec

Reaction score
I haven't used it before but I have heard its quite simple!

reglus

Reaction score
I haven't used it before but I have heard its quite simple!
very good. I have been looking inot it and i looks very good but very basic. I was looking for somthing a bit more advanced.

Xemnas

Reaction score
There are quite a few free bulletin board systems (BBS) out there, and not just ones like ZetaBoards (who simply host the board). The's SMF, MyBB, phpBB and so on, all of which are quite good. Just stick to getting your BBS from its home site (nulled scripts are a no-no on x10 ;)), and compare it against a few others, and you'll be fine ;)

reglus

Reaction score
Best Free Version:phpBB and SMF.

yes from my searches those to came up as the two best. I then compared them and overall the new phbb 3 has more features and the security bugs have been fixed. I think I will go with phbb