Free hosting has degraded and becoming almost unusable. Are any improvements coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkuser

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I'm a newbie.

I'm posting because previous comments suggested (in the other thread) that by now, things should be improving.

My free site -- which is just an html page with a couple photos, is extremely slow and has been for a couple days now. Even establishing an ftp session is hit and miss. It's approaching a useless state.

Questions:
1) Who should I contact about the problem (is this the right place?)
2) Where can I get general status about this issues so I don't un-necessarily repeat them here?
3) Are the people that need to know about the problem aware of it (do they read this post?)?

I'm just not sure what to do from here --
Thanks for the help.

(Note: I'm starting a new thread instead of being buried under the less clear thread titled "We are travelling on the same ship: Improve x10hosting.com free hosting services")

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Free hosting has degraded and becoming almost unusable. Are any improvements comi

IT's already known; check status.x10hosting.com next time.

Friday, March 12
All Free Hosting Servers1 hour ago

All of our free hosting servers are under very heavy load from a recent increase in demand for accounts.

We are in the process of provisioning new hardware and getting it online for use by this evening (Friday).

Chopin and Lotus will be the first two servers to be relieved.

bkuser

Reaction score
Re: Free hosting has degraded and becoming almost unusable. Are any improvements comi

Wow, thanks for the quick reply. I'm impressed.

It's good to know about the status.x10hosting.com page, sorry I didn't know about it. I'll check there first next time.

Thanks again for providing this service -- I did enjoy it in the past, and fully intend to go beyond "free" in the future; this service will make that future much more likely.

I'll look forward to (after) Friday :)

Regards

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score

We are trying to keep up with a huge growth in demand and it caught us a little off guard. That is the reason for the recent outages and (at times) extreme slowdown on the free hosting servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.