Free hosting signup issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdw999

Reaction score
A friend of mine, to whom I recommended X10 as a free Web host, signed up a week ago and was given an estimated wait time of 5127 minutes--about five days.

How long are people actually waiting? Are they getting confirmation emails? Are there any new free account holders out there who can tell us what their wait time was?

After five working days, he had not gotten a confirmation email so went to see if he could log in.

He says,

"When I click again on the "click the link below to confirm your signup and email address" message I got when I first did the sign up, I see: "An account already exists in the signup queue with the username specified. Please attempt to signup again."

That's a pretty ambiguous to me. Do I have to signup all over again simply because I clicked twice on that link, or am I still in the lagging queue? I'll keep on waiting, just in case, but it might be time to look at other options..."

Anyone know what this means or, more importantly, what he needs to do?

wkadmin

Reaction score
Hey I also just signed up for a ad-free account and was given this bit of the message..

Your hosting signup has been added into the creation queue. When your account has been created, you will receieve an E-mail confirming your sign-up details.

Estimated time to wait: 10070 minutes

Is there anyway of confirming wether its actually going to take me an entire week before I can use this webhost?

mmandel

Reaction score
I'm the one being discussed here. Thanks, jdw999.

I just submitted a support ticket on the issue. But if anyone here has any idea, let me know.

From reading the forums, it looks like there were some server updates about a week and a half ago that may have disrupted some things?

mta12

Reaction score
I did the same and was wondering if this could be a script error or if it is actually serious. I was told to wait for 10035 minutes- just under a week. That is a little ridiculous. I was expecting this to be easy. What's the deal?

JKoltner

Reaction score
You do have to wait -- they're put free web sites on hold until they finish doing some system maintenance, or something like that. If you browse around the forums some, you'll see that numerous threads mention this delay.

At this point they really should change the sign-up procedure to mention some of this. I imagine there must be dozen of people in the queue by now! It is free hosting and all so I don't mind waiting, but it should still be spelled out a little bet when you start.

mmandel

Reaction score
I finally got my no-ad account.

There were a few confusing messages about an ad-enhanced account. And, instead of the estimated queue wait time of 5725 minutes, it took around 12840 minutes. But now I've got a free account, so no complaints here. :drool:

JKoltner

Reaction score
Same here -- I received an e-mail this morning that my free hosting has been activated. Woo hoo! Thanks, x10hosting!

The total wait was around a week.

---Joel

fbi_1

Reaction score
hey its been more then 2 weeks...i hv not recieved any of their wht they call confirmation e-mail....

JKoltner

Reaction score
hey its been more then 2 weeks...i hv not recieved any of their wht they call confirmation e-mail....

Definitely open a support ticket and ask them what's up...

...or just try to sign up again; if x10 doesn't think the (sub-) domain name is taken, clearly your original request was lost in the shuffle somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.