Free Hosting will not allow manual backup of files

Status
Not open for further replies.

archprime

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi - following the instructions on the FAQ for manually backing up free sites, I always get error "Output Truncated by browser" when using C-Panel File manager to attempt to zip the folder in public-html containing my web site.

My website is not particularly large, and the error occurs only after processing 20 or so files (all of which are well under a megabyte) - so what could be causing this problem?
I would really like to back up!Cheers

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Alternatively, you can use the web disk or FTP to download your website to your computer for backup. Do you have any sort of browser add-ons that may interfere with javascript? I suppose ad blockers could do this, but why they would is beyond me.

archprime

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi - thanks, I have started FTP backup to PC, but a painfully slow process - would be so much more efficient if could be zipped by server first.
Not aware of any JavaScript blocking addons, and if they were blocking, why they would wait until part way through server zipping process. Are you able to compress your webfiles ok?

Cheers

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't have an X10 free account, so I can't really say if it works for me or not. No other users have complained out of the thousands upon thousands of users X10 has, so it really looks like it's unique to you for some reason. I don't want to put you through a bunch of hoops, but could you try another browser? I recommend firefox if you don't use it already and google chrome is pretty nice as well.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Just a wild shot in the dark.
Have you tried using a completely different browser?
There is also This Article which may or may not be different from the FAQ you were looking at.

archprime

Prime Account
Reaction score
Hi - great suggestion. I was using firefox 4, but IE 9 worked just fine!
Thanks to you both!

Cheers
Paul

gomarc

Reaction score
Hello archprime,

The message "Output Truncated by browser" may be misleading. It’s just a warning that the full list of all the files zipped is not displayed in the given list. In other words, the zip file DOES include all the files you selected, but the full list of them was truncated to the first 37 files or so.

You can expect the same message when you unzip the file.

Happy compressing!

Status
Not open for further replies.