free os

Cifer

Reaction score
i recommend ubuntu ... i use it myself and its very powerful (like any other linux) ... but the support for ubuntu is better then that of most distributions ...

my ubuntu owns vista in every category :) (it looks 100 times better and is 100 times faster :D)

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I have ubuntu on my laptop and so far it's average. Flash videos (ie, youtube...) is slower than under Vista, trying to go full screen with video in any player causes the player to exit (changing from the Compiz WM to Metacity seems to fix that). Second time I booted it up it said something about the disk journal being corrupt and landed me at a prompt. Third time the same thing happened. Forth time (I was planning on reinstalling windows at this point) I was too slow to press F12 to select the windows DVD and it randomly worked.

This vid sums it up, really...​

Nathan H

Reaction score
Honestly the only Distro I am currently using is one known as CentOS5. designed for server use so not much use for those who don't know what they are doing. You could try Fedora Core, that was the first linux Distro i used and it seems OK. (Honestly i prefer vista but thats just me)

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I'll be reinstalling Vista some point this coming week.