free sites visitor privacy policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf99

Reaction score
Hi Folks

Was just checking my site against wcag 2.0 and started wondering about privacy policies.
I have read the x10 user policy here http://x10hosting.com/privacy but does the same policy hold for visitors to hosted sites?

That is as my site is on your server and uses your connection, I assume you log and monitor that traffic, will the aforementioned policy hold for visitors to my site as to the x10hosting site re your cookies and Non-Personally Identifiable Information collection?

Obviously some parts of that policy will not apply, like collection of personally identifiable info, unless I am doing that also.

wolf99

Reaction score
Hi
Apologies for the bumping. I thought this would be very easy for support to answer and quite different from the hundreds upon hundreds of people that get themselves suspended complaining, and yet no answer??

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Exactly what are you talking about?

The only possible "information" would be logs recording requests (including IPs) for pages in your site.

wolf99

Reaction score
Hi descalzo, thanks for replying,
Thats pretty much what Im talking about, I dont know much at all about server setup, but I assume visitors to my site would pass some firewalling / proxy etc and guessed there would be some kind of visitor logging, wondered if this included cookies for tracking return visits or something as well as IP logging?

Basically any information that is gathered or passed to a visitor that isnt part of the webpage (ie they haven't clicked a link saying they want this thing) by whoever needs to be covered by the policy.

dlukin

Reaction score
Clear all your cookie. Visit you x10hosting site. Unless you are using cookies yourself, you should not see any cookies sent by x10hosting. At least I don't on my site or my friend's.

Status
Not open for further replies.