Status
Not open for further replies.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score

Instant Messengering Clients

Trillian
A fully-featured, stand-alone, skinnable chat client that supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, and IRC.

Chatzilla
A clean, easy to use and highly extensible Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client.

Pidgin
Another chat client. This one allows you to use multiple chat accounts at the same time.

X-Fire
The instant messenger for gamers!

X-Chat 2 for Windows

A Free X-Chat (UNIX IRC client) build for Windows.

Miranda IM
A multi protocol instant messenger client for Microsoft Windows. It's smaller, faster, and easier!

aMSN
A MSN Messenger clone that comes with features similar to MSN Messenger. Available on multiple platforms.

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
Right now I use Pidgin for IM, but then for IRC I use XChat 2, which works perfect for me :)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I use Trillian here. Been using it for two years now. I ran Pidgin before and it was good software as well.

Repneiras

Reaction score
Windows Live Messenger is the "newer" MSN which is why I just find it really strange that people still call it MSN. No one I know calls it WLM or Windows Live Messenger. Also, you haven't added any info for MSN to Google Talk.

Xfire is good, but yeah, it's definately not the best IM (unless it's for gaming IMs)

-Repneiras ;)

Last edited:

xPlozion

Reaction score
i use pidgin for everyday use, but xfire is always running for gaming. i've also got skype running as well, and since having them open doesn't affect my gaming (run everything on max settings), i don't worry about closing them, but programs in my taskbar are closed before i open cod4

Last edited:

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Looks like the poll has ended. This poll has seen a wide variety of votes but only one can win. Pidgin has pulled ahead of the pack and I am declaring it the winner.

Watch out for the next Free Software Poll coming soon.

This thread will be closed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.