Free unlimited account reduced to 1GB. how can I submit a ticket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moongaze

Reaction score
I signed up just over a year ago for what was advertised as an unlimited web-hosting account. I recently found that I couldn't upload new content to it (by FTP). I've just realised why -- it's now been restricted to 1GB and I've hit that limit. (No notification was emailed to my contact address advising of the space restriction.) This (closed) thread advises to submit a support ticket about this to get more storage, but because it's a free account, my support level is designated "free community support" (only), so there is no way (at least none that I can see) to submit such a ticket. Can anyone help?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You just did. This forum area is the support channel for Free Hosting. (We had a separate support tool for a while, but the users found it confusing and it caused more problems than it solved.) Your request will need to be reviewed by somebody with adequate access to the file system and logs in order to ensure that you're within the terms of service and acceptable use policy (and that the disk space you're using isn't just the result of, say, error logs and that sort of thing). Since only a few of the support volunteers/staff have that access, it might take a little while. If you haven't heard back in more than 24 hours, try posting again -- but this time follow the instructions in the relevant sticky:

http://community.x10hosting.com/thr...-unlimited-disk-quota-learn-more-here.173837/

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately as the account currently has no visible website and is being used primarily for file storage (including a copyright infringing television show episode), we cannot upgrade the account to unmetered at this time. In addition, the copyright infringing file has caused the suspension of the account, as between that and the entire account being used for file hosting (there is no visible way to access -ANY- of the content through the website) the account is in violation of the Terms of Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.