Frequent Downtimes, traffic loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

icetray

Reaction score
For a while, I would dismiss people saying that our site was offline, because usually it was only due to slow loading, and things were fine for other people.

Although in the last while, the down-times on our server are spiking ridiculously. About every two or three days, people are requesting information as to why the server is down, so I login to see if maybe it's rebooting, and more than 50% of the time, there is no information pertaining to the downtime at all.

It's very frequent, people may be browsing the site, trying to get to a location to view a file, or a gallery, and without warning, nothing loads, and if you refresh the index, its a big error screen with no information, this, happens daily almost. It lasts about 10 minutes, and sometimes kills the news system for some reason.

We as a group, find it difficult to keep a good viewing audience, when we have to frequently redirect them to youtube to view files.
We weren't even able to host our community forum on the server, because we feared the frequent downtimes would deter people from showing up, so it's hosted on a forum host, that completely limits the creators creativity, php, scripts, etc.
(The issue with that exterior hosted forum, is the url, is huge. It's basically www.x##.forumhostingserver.com/myuserid/forumid/index.php?act=idx. Whereas, if this server was stable enough, I could host it from there, under WN519.co.nr/forum.)

I'm very well aware that there may be nothing you can do, but I'm wondering for any possible way to increase the servers stability. I don't plan on leaving x10, but I figured bringing this up might help our situation somewhat.
I'm currently on the Cossacks server aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.