Frequent Suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

tondopie

Reaction score
For the past few days I have been getting suspended at least once a day for 'high resource usage'. The puzzling thing is that I have two sites, neither of which should be using very many resources. My main site uses small amounts of PHP. The other site is a simple MediaWiki installation with a single MySQL database. Neither of my sites get much traffic. Unfortunately the suspension message doesn't tell me what part of my site is using too many resources. Is it possible to get the name of the script that is using too many resources so that I can resolve this issue?

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

Below is a snippet of our log showing what script triggered the suspension:
REQUEST_METHOD=GET REQUEST_URI=/index.php?title=GPIO&diff=128&oldid=83 SCRIPT_FILENAME=/home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/axdroid/index.php SCRIPT_NAME=/index.php SCRIPT_URI=http://axdroid.co.cc/index.php

So, from that, it looks like MediaWiki is causing it. Check out their Manual on Caching and enable it. My recommendation is to just set $wgMainCacheType to CACHE_ANYTHING. You may also want to look at extensions that provide alternate diff engines

Last edited:

tondopie

Reaction score
Skizzerz,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to also try activating CloudFlare on it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.