Frontpage Extensions Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben B

Reaction score
Hi,

I am having trouble accessing my website using frontpage extensions. When I type in my address as theandrewmayshow.exofire.net I get an error message which says 'The server sent a response which sharepoint designer could not parse' and won't let me connect. I have activated the frontpage extensions but it wont work. I am using Microsoft Expression Web which is basically a fancy version of FrontPage 2003.

Can someone shed a light on this.

Thanks,
Ben B

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll see if I can figure it out. I know Apache has discontinued support for front page extensions so sometimes it is hard to get help with it.

-Corey

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Frontpage extensions were last coded for Apache 1.3. Since we are running 2.2, the cPanel devs have either hacked it onto the new apache version or they developed their own.

Ben B

Reaction score
Right, I have just spoke to some one via live chat on x10hosting and the issue is to do with cPanel and they are awaiting a response from cPanel to get it sorted. So just thought i'd let you know.

Ben B

lukcar

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm not a member of X10 staff, not trying to be. This problem seems to be mainstream, 4000webs who use an edited version of cPanel called VistaPanel seem to have had similar problems, it isn't X10 specific.

Would be nice if they could get this fixed soon though, I've only just created an account today and I can't upload my files without the FrontPage extensions, I get wierd messages from Expression Web and sometimes the pages don't even work lol.

Luke.

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Do I just need FrontPage to test this? What would be the easiest way for me to re-create the issue so I can work on it? I've never used them before.

Status
Not open for further replies.