FTP: 421 50 users (the maximum) error

Status
Not open for further replies.

thewedgi

Reaction score
Hello, I cant use anymore the FTP Server because of this error: 421 50 users (the maximum) error , ETIMEDOUT, critical error
The cPanel became also very very slow.
I am using FileZilla as FTP Client.
Since yesterday i have these problems.
Could it be that i have shared yesterday a FTP Account with public? I had a problem with my site so i posted a test FTP Account in the stackoverflow forum.

I looked in the cPanel for active FTP Sessions, but there are no sessions... so i dont understand that error.

Can you please fix this?

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
Yeah, seems absolut server is having issues today with slowness and FTP disconnects. It's not just happening to you.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Whoa -- there are a maximum of 50 FTP connections allowed at one time on the entire server for all of the user accounts on the server, and you posted FTP credentials to a site where literally hundreds of thousands of users might "helpfully" decide to take a look at the FTP issue for you? Yes, that might have something to do with the problems people (including yourself) are having.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
Ugh, no wonder I can't do anything and everything is loading so slowly. So much for my plans

thewedgi

Reaction score
sorry :S
I already removed that FTP Account + these credentials from stackoverflow. I actually didnt expect that so many ppl would login. Maybe you should set the limit of 50 logins a bit lower (if the effect is nearly like a DOS/DDOS Attack),

But seems to work now.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I'm still having problems

Maybe remove the FTP account (delete it)?

EDIT: Oh wait I misunderstood your post, never mind

Ohso

Prime Account
Reaction score
I think it's a good idea to change your password ASAP. Someone can still use your credentials to login and possibly upload a malicious god knows what onto the shared server.

tracked

Reaction score
what in the blue blazes is wrong with this service today?, having everything from FTP timeouts to slow connecting to the site etc... I been trying to update my site since 8hrs ago and have been unable to do so?.... what gives?...

Status
Not open for further replies.