FTP 421 Service not available Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuzican

Reaction score
Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 421 Service not available.
Error: Could not connect to server

I'm using mozilla, I'm very familiar with ftp and use of ftp. I tried making additional ftp accts and changing my passwords. Every attempt I make ends up with a result of this 421 error. Could someone please tell me if this is a known issues on this specific server or maybe I missed something since I am new to this free hosting community. Also I thought I would throw in that accessing the web browser ftp is FAIL as well. Thanks for looking into this.

Cuzican

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

That domain is not pointing to our servers, "Status: Connecting to 114.207.244.146:21...", that is not an IP associated with x10Hosting.

Please make sure the domain is pointing to our name servers or the correct IP of your account.

cuzican

Reaction score
Manual Settings

FTP Username: eluded@bng.co.cc
FTP Server: ftp.bng.co.cc
FTP Server Port: 21
SFTP Server Port: 22

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Response: 421 Service not available.
Error: Could not connect to server

Raw Access Log Downloads Using FTP You can download your raw access logs at the following URLs using the login eluded_logs and your account password:
ftp://ftp.bng.co.cc/bng.co.cc
ftp://ftp.bng.co.cc/ftp.bng.co.cc-ftp_log
ftp://ftp.bng.co.cc/bng.co.cc

Well I found the issue, it's definately something in dns and nothing on my end. Using this "Shared Ip Address 74.63.233.5" I can ftp just fine. The Raw access downloads also fail with a 421, so you may want to take a look into that.

Thanks,
Cuzican

cuzican

Reaction score
Well see that's the issue, it's a free subdomain per x10hosting, it has nothing to do with me :thefingerSo they need to correct whatever issue is happening...I'm not paying for a domain name :D

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't appreciate you flipping me off when I'm trying to help. Domains with the co.cc are not provided by x10hosting. They are a FREE domain that you register FOR FREE with http://www.co.cc/

THAT'S where your problem lies.

Edit: I forgot to add that as far as I know, co.cc is the only domain in your free choices that is supplied by a third party.

Last edited by a moderator:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Well see that's the issue, it's a free subdomain per x10hosting, it has nothing to do with me :thefingerSo they need to correct whatever issue is happening...I'm not paying for a domain name :D
As calistoy has pointed, it is a FREE domain (for most of them) that is provided by a third party, not x10hosting. If you don't want to register a co.cc domain, you can always create a regular subdomain from the x10hosting account management panel.

- xav0989

Status
Not open for further replies.