FTP - 530 Login authentication failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacepir

Reaction score
Here at Islands of Peronia we have a few really great artists that submit us art on a daily basis. One of the artists, has, and still is, working on a customized theme for our forum, which we are greatly looking forward to.

To keep things simple, in one location which is easy to access, and up to date, we'd decided to give each of our most outstanding artists an FTP account.

I had give one to a friend in the past, as he was working our site artwork. He could upload his images in the past, so we know that the following issue, is new.

After numerous attempts, passwords, and FTP account, he cannot upload his artwork. The hostname, username, and password, are all 100% correct. It authenticates the user, but gets stuck with the password:

Code:
Command:    USER [COLOR=#ff0000]HIDDEN[/COLOR]
Response:    331 User [COLOR=#ff0000]HIDDEN[/COLOR] OK. Password required
Command:    PASS *****
Response:    530 Login authentication failed
Error:    Critical error
Error:    Could not connect to server

I do remember that there was an issue with Absolut's FTP two weeks ago, but I know it had been resolved. Could it still lurk in the basements of the Absolut server?

If anyone else is having this issue, please let me know. As for the management, any an all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

~XxDarthDexterxX

spacepir

Reaction score
Please disregard this post. I figured out the problem and really stupid because I didn't see it before.

Many thanks,

~xDarthDexterxX

Status
Not open for further replies.