FTP access to other staff?

Hermoine22

Reaction score
Okay so I am wondering if I make an ftp account for other staff how can they change their password without accessing cpanel?

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
They can't... it has to be done via cPanel.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
If you were to use tserwery.solutions70's method as the user (and not root), then the staff only has to enter 'passwd' not 'passwd {user_name}'.

If you want it is possible to make a PHP script to do this, but I think it would require the installation of PHP SSH2_CONNECT which I managed to install fine on my CentOS server with the help of a handy tutorial.

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
If you were to use tserwery.solutions70's method as the user (and not root), then the staff only has to enter 'passwd' not 'passwd {user_name}'.

If you want it is possible to make a PHP script to do this, but I think it would require the installation of PHP SSH2_CONNECT which I managed to install fine on my CentOS server with the help of a handy tutorial.
That is not entirely true, PHP's exec(); function can handle that with the right knowledge. There is an article at http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/change-linux-or-unix-system-password-using-php-script.html that describes how you can achieve this too.