FTP and Files Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
It is impossible to remove or edit files on the free server. In an FTP client like SmartFTP, I am given a permission denied message. I try and CHMOD it, but it tell me there's a bad file descriptor.

In cPanel file manager, files are told to be deleted ("folder -> Trash") but do not disappear "folder" is still in list.

Does anybody have any ideas; I really need to work with some files.

Cynical

Reaction score
I had the same problem with a few files: Just download a copy, delete the one on the server and reupload it. After it is reuploaded you should have no problem CHMODing or editing the file.

Last edited:

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Oh, I forgot: trying to chmod in cPanel results in [a fatal error has occured while processing this directive]. I'll try FileZilla, though.

EDIT: FileZilla produces a "Directory is not empty" error.

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
It's not the FTP client, it's something with the file. FTP clients don't generate totally artibtrary errors for no reason ;). Did you try what I suggested before?

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Yeah, I did. It wouldn't replace.

Note that it is both in cPanel and FTP. CHMODding doesn't work, nor does downloading and uploading files work.

FTP gives either a "Permission denied" or "Folder not empty" error with my default FTP (main account, cPanel name zacwal) account.

Colin

Reaction score
Could you tell me what type of files you are trying to upload/download etc? and how many?

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
None. I'm trying to delete folders consisting of PHP, XML, and PNG files. As of now FTP does not connect at all, but I was expecting that.

Aftwerwards I would try and upload zip files, not working either.

I believe this will resolve itself when all server kinks are worked out.

Colin

Reaction score
Last time I checked FTP was down, so this could be your problem. If you wait till all the server stuff is worked out and try again it will probably work. If not post.

Renagade711

Reaction score
still down :(
i got this prob to
i need it to be up, cmon x10 plz hurry it up and fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.