FTP Details not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

urskill

Reaction score
Hi

I have entered the correct FTP details into FileZilla but it says 'Unable to Connect'

I have tried uploading files via the cPanel File Manager, they upload fine - but I still get the x10 Holding page on my domain.

It says in my control panel that I am not linked to a forum account, but I have the same message on another cPanel for a test site and that still renders the pages fine.

Any ideas?

Mitch

Reaction score
Hi

I have entered the correct FTP details into FileZilla but it says 'Unable to Connect'

I have tried uploading files via the cPanel File Manager, they upload fine - but I still get the x10 Holding page on my domain.

It says in my control panel that I am not linked to a forum account, but I have the same message on another cPanel for a test site and that still renders the pages fine.

Any ideas?
I think your forum account is linked to your cpanel so far i can see. Did you use port 21 to connect to your site. (did you use ftp.yourskill.co.uk?)

* Server: ftp.yourdomain.com
* User: cPanel User
* Password: cPanel Password
(can be useful)

Last edited:

urskill

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Mitch. Like I said in my first post, FTP details are correct. The correct host, password, port & username as stated in your post.

I have even changed my password since and so am absolutely positive I am entering the correct details, just as I've done a hundred times before.

But the fact you've noted my account is linked to my forum account is useful - i was aware that could be an issue so that's eliminated that.

FileZilla accepts the host, accepts the Username, then has the message:

"530 Login Authentication failed

Unable to connect!"

I've got a ticket with support running but noone seems to know what's going on!

scottnj

Reaction score
Try using YourCPanelLogin@Yourdomain.com for the login. If you make addon accounts they must use this, so it might work with the original account as well. I just tried to replicate your problem and if your username and/or password is wrong, you will still get:

Response: 331 User ______ OK. Password required
Command: PASS ******
Response: 530 Login authentication failed

So try adding the @yourdomain.com to the end of your username and see what you get.

Last edited:

urskill

Reaction score
yeah, that's what i've been trying thanks scott - as well as my cpanel login without @domain at the end, still no joy. mystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.