FTP failure to upload?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NINJ4

Reaction score
While trying to upload a mod for my forums, I had the following problem in my FTP client as I hit transfer:
Code:
[1] STOR vbb.php
[1] 553 Disk full - please upload later
[i] Transfer Failed: vbb.php
[i] Failed 1 file(s) and Skipped 0 file(s)
However, if I log onto my cPanel, I see the following information:
Code:
Disk usage                1468.80 Megabytes
Disk space available                1031.20 Megabytes

I looked at the some of the more recent topics and found nothing comparable to this problem, and looked in news and server alerts only to find nothing relating to this sort of problem. So here I am.

I can still upload via my control panel, but FTP seems broke.

What can I do to rectify this error?
TIA,
Kage

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
NINJ4 said:
While trying to upload a mod for my forums, I had the following problem in my FTP client as I hit transfer:
Code:
[1] STOR vbb.php
[1] 553 Disk full - please upload later
[i] Transfer Failed: vbb.php
[i] Failed 1 file(s) and Skipped 0 file(s)
However, if I log onto my cPanel, I see the following information:
Code:
Disk usage                1468.80 Megabytes
Disk space available                1031.20 Megabytes
I looked at the some of the more recent topics and found nothing comparable to this problem, and looked in news and server alerts only to find nothing relating to this sort of problem. So here I am.

I can still upload via my control panel, but FTP seems broke.

What can I do to rectify this error?
TIA,
Kage

Umgrade to corportate or delet some files, thats all i can say.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
Maybe go to paid hosting? *lol* I think they offer a bit more that route.

karhukat

Reaction score
There must be something going on with the server again. I can not upload through ftp either. Nor can I send mail through SMTP.

Bazor

Reaction score
Yea something is wrong somewhere because I cannot upload via ftp either. I have plenty of space avaliable by the Cpanel account info.

EDIT:

FTP now works.

EDIT2:

It doesn't work again. XD

Last edited:

bluepixy

Reaction score
I am having the same problems too. When I log in to cpanel and upload from there, it works fine. I'm on advanced hosting, and haven't used anywhere near the amount of space allocated. However, when I try to upload via FTP it says "FTP Error: Disk Full".

TarinC

Reaction score
The hard drive is full. take a peek here. Look on the left to see the disk usage.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Corey seems to be workin on it.

Chris Z

Reaction score
i believe the ftp is back up now, you can go back to uploading :)

jaint

Reaction score
I mentioned this earlier, its a server problem. It has to do with the server being filled to the brim with files or some sort of config error. Either way you'll have to wait before you can edit or fix anything. It's a problem through ftp - so use cpanel file manager or install your own php file manager and manage your site through that in the meanwhile. The latter is a better option because there are many free php file managers for your site that offer more function.

Brandon

Community Support
Reaction score
Ya the HD was full..so if you can install a file manger, but if the HD is full nothing will happen.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
All looks fine, my php scripts can still upload / create / write files to the hard disk with no errors, so it looks good.I think the FTP software has had a bug (ProFTPD for you ;-)) so use cPanels file manager :)

jaint

Reaction score
no because the hd is 100% full, cpanel leaves some room for certain functions to continue as a fail safe - this space could be like 10+gb or w/e. using the file manager you can edit your files without encountering an error, its not intended to help you upload 10mb files - its only intended to let you edit and update your files. It works, or at least it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.