FTP server shunning my IP address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tletter

Reaction score
Hi,

I cannot connect to ftp.travelogue.10hosting.com as the FTP server says that "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host." It has been over 7 hours since this started. How can this issue be resolved?

Thanks.

Thomas

Chris73

Reaction score
As i mentioned in another post. If you have to many connections attempting to connect to the ftp it will temp ban your IP. I would limit the connections (via your ftp client) to 5. More than that connecting will temp ban your IP.

tletter

Reaction score
Hi,

I should have mentioned that I rebooted the computer last night so there were no connections open and I have no process that automatically connects, i.e. I connect manually from the command line using Microsoft's ftp.

Last night I could ftp until I had to kill a hung ftp session and since then, I'm unable to connect.

Thanks.

Thomas

Chris73

Reaction score
Can you send me a private message with your IP? I will check it against the firewall and make sure you are not blocked from the server.

Can you log into cPanel? If so then your IP is not blocked.

tletter

Reaction score
Hi,

I've resolved the issue and can now ftp except the Windows XP command line ftp client cannot transfer all files as the following dialog shows:

226 0.679 seconds (measured here), 31.81 Kbytes per second
ftp: 22101 bytes sent in 0.00Seconds 22101000.00Kbytes/sec.
200 PORT command successful
150 Connecting to port 62510
226-File successfully transferred
226 1.115 seconds (measured here), 31.31 Kbytes per second
ftp: 35763 bytes sent in 0.00Seconds 35763000.00Kbytes/sec.
200 PORT command successful
150 Connecting to port 62511
> Netout :Connection reset by peer
Aborting any active data connections...
Connection closed by remote host.

In any event my now using a freeware ftp client which has no problem transferring files.

Thanks.

Thomas

Status
Not open for further replies.