FTP Settings Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aircheck

Reaction score
I registered for a freehosting account account today for my domain. Where do I find my FTP info ?
Thanks,

Dave -

aircheck

Reaction score
ok but do i put my x10hosting in for the host at filezilla or my domain ? I put in a park my domian today not sure how long it takes to be activated s not sure if this is why my domian is not connecting at the ftp settings.

Patrick.B

Reaction score
Hi !

- Login here: x10hosting.com/sso/main

- Click open cPanel

- At the top-right corner you can see; SETTINGS | SWITCH THEME | LOGOUT; if you can see this, click on SWITCH THEME then click on Switch for cPanel x3, if you don't see this, continue next step.

- You'll be forced to log-in again, login again and click open cPanel.

- Now you have the complete cPanel in front of you, click on "FTP Accounts" and you will get the list of FTP account related to your free-hosting account.

- At the bottom of this list, you'll see your primary ftp-user, for exemple if your website is named "mechanic" you'll see "mechanicx" or something like this.

- Click on "Configure FTP Client" to get more basic details.

Overall, the ftp settings is sounds like this form:

FTP Username: username
FTP Server: ftp.domain.x10host.com
FTP & explicit FTPS port: 21

*Note: "username" and "ftp.domain.x10host.com" is generic name, you have to change them for yours.

Cheers, hope this help you :)

aircheck

Reaction score
ok I'm able to connect with host x10hosting.com at filezilla ftp but what I'm trying to do is connect with my domain host that I transfered with x10hosting.com today. I choose Park my domain, was this correct ?

aircheck

Reaction score
yes i added name servers when i added my park domain...should I have just added a new domain and not a parked domain ? It does say it will take up to 48 hours.

aircheck

Reaction score
anywy i just deleted the parked domain and added a seperate domain..should I put anything in whee is says redirect ?

Patrick.B

Reaction score
Are you trying to add a DOMAIN.com ? (You have paid for the .com domain ?)

Patrick.B

Reaction score
okay so it's simple, add via Addon domain, like's the link past before, wait 48 hours.

If you can't reach after 48 hours, flush your dns.

aircheck

Reaction score
also after 48 hours when i login with filezilla i put in my domain.com has the host and password for my server login here ?

aircheck

Reaction score
good news it worked already i logged in with my domian host at filezilla..thanks alot for your help.

aircheck

Reaction score
does it still take time..i'm trying to publish with coffeecup shopping cart creator its connecting to the server but nothing new is being published.
and do i maybe need to put in redirect to http://x10hosting.com ?

aircheck

Reaction score
Update...its ok now i guess the redirect fixed it...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.