FTP shows empty /www/ and subdomain not workking

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf99

Reaction score
Hi
Lately if I try to log via FTP, from my own PC or via online FTP client, my root directory is shown as being completely empty. CPanel file manager shows it with all the normal files, and my website is working OK, but it means I cant get at things like .htaccess files.

Also

I setup a sub-domain just before xmas and it was working up until around the start of march. I haven't checked it between then and today when I found its just redirecting to my main index instead of serving up the sub-directory like it should...
This may be because of edits I made to the .htaccess file over the last month (although very unlikely as it was mostly cache and mime type work), but I cannot check because, as previously mentioned, I can no longer get to my .htaccess file!!

Gagh! ~Starka user

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Could this possibly be related to the maintenance on the free servers I just found out was happening yesterday and today? Is the maintenance still taking place? Is there an estimated time when maintenance will be finished?
Many Thanks.

gepdhq61

Reaction score
Hello I have had the exact same issues as you. For FTP, in cPanel, delete then remake you FTP accounts. This fixed things for me.

For the subdomain (for an add-on domain right?) I was told to send a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.