FTP stopped working

Status
Not open for further replies.

anton.kounine63

Reaction score
Hello! I used to connect to my website via FTP using FileZilla to upload files, but I can't do it anymore. FileZilla displays the following message: "538 Sorry, FTP connections are not allowed from your country of origin". In the past, though, it worked. What shall I do?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you able to login through your cPanel to use the file manager instead?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there's no eta on how or when the ftp connections for your country will be opened again, so it's advised to just use your cPanel's file manager for now.

anton.kounine63

Reaction score
@Calistoy: Thank you for your reply! Uploading files manually is just unrealistic - I have hundreds of files to upload. I will look for another hosting provider, one where FTP works.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
@Calistoy: Thank you for your reply! Uploading files manually is just unrealistic - I have hundreds of files to upload. I will look for another hosting provider, one where FTP works.

The reason FTP is blocked is due to abuse from other countries. I'm sure you've heard that many times around these forums, but the FTP upload limits were bumped up recently, meaning there's more room for abuse. They are temporary measures to avoid the Free Hosting being brought down by a few people who don't follow the rules.

What is a possibility is to Zip up all of your files that you wish to upload and upload the ZIP file to your public_html folder. From there, you can extract the Zip file on the server itself. Much quicker than FTP or individual file uploads.

anton.kounine63

Reaction score
@Smith6612: Thank you for this suggestion! I haven't thought about this before.
By the way, do you happen to know if I will be able to access FTP if I purchase a Premium hosting plan?

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Premium Hosting isn't restricted like the Free Hosting is. Anyone can purchase it and use FTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.