ftp vs cp file manger's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinx001

Reaction score
i cant upload an entire directory or folder via either of the file managers in the control panel. i can upload each file individually after creating the directory in the file manager manually. but uploading each file is rather time consuming. when using ftp this is not a problem. i don't know if this is a restriction set by the admins or if there may be something im missing in the cp:nuts:....either way i just thought i'd run it by u guys.this is a great host:biggthump

Mikey

Reaction score
I believe there isn't a way to mass-upload files via the Control Panel, this is why I would suggest you just use the FTP Client. It's much faster and more efficient. Because it's so efficient, your file hierarchy is preserved. All in all, it's much better to just use an FTP Client.

jinx001

Reaction score
i normally use ftp anyway. it was just a cp feature i thought i'd try and this post is the result. that being said, it was not meant as a criticism or critique by any means. more then anything i was looking for an error on my part.guess that solves that:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.