Gallery

torrey

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I am attempting to build a phot gallery to display my work on some of the pages. I am currently using iframes but the pictures seem awkward in the current setup. Does anyone have a better layout idea than iframes or an idea for how to modify so it looks better.

tselfphotography.exofire.net

Hazirak

Reaction score
It honestly looks pretty good to me, but if you really want to go for another method, you can swap your iframes for divs (if I remember correctly, div has a style option to handle overflows by adding a scroll bar), and use JavaScript to edit the img tag's src attribute whenever you click a preview image. To do that, you would use a block of code something like this either embedded in the page or as an external document:
Code:
function showImage(image) {
document.getElemenyById(imageID).src=image;
}
... and then add this to your preview image tags:
Code:
onclick="showImage('URL')"
... and add this to the full-size image tag:
Code:
id="imageID"
... and that should do it. Just replace "URL" with the image's location (keep the single quotes around the URL though), and get rid of your <a> tags... though, if you still want the user's mouse pointer to change to the pointing finger, you can just swap your current <a> tags for <a href="#">.

Last edited:

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
I would use that lightbox suggestion... iframes are still sometimes rendered strangely, and shouldn't be used unless you have a very good reason.

Sohail

Reaction score
Why don't you create a completely different template/layout.

torrey

Reaction score
anks everyone. I have a series of new pictures coming in adn I aplan on trying some of your suggestions for my new wedding albums page.

VPmase

Reaction score
It honestly looks pretty good to me, but if you really want to go for another method, you can swap your iframes for divs (if I remember correctly, div has a style option to handle overflows by adding a scroll bar), and use JavaScript to edit the img tag's src attribute whenever you click a preview image. To do that, you would use a block of code something like this either embedded in the page or as an external document:
Code:
function showImage(image) {
}
... and then add this to your preview image tags:
Code:
onclick="showImage('URL')"
... and add this to the full-size image tag:
Code:
id="imageID"
... and that should do it. Just replace "URL" with the image's location (keep the single quotes around the URL though), and get rid of your <a> tags... though, if you still want the user's mouse pointer to change to the pointing finger, you can just swap your current <a> tags for <a href="#">.
should be
document.getElemenyById('imageID').src=image;
}