Game consoles... what is ur bet?

faceters1

Reaction score
game console are now cheaper on season... give any reaction about your game consoles....

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
One image should sort out this argument. :biggrin:

pc-is-best.jpg

timothy1238

Reaction score
Everything is so confusing. I think i will do a bit more research on PS3 and XBOX then i will make a decision which one to buy. Currently i feel like opting for XBOX

smurfboi76

Reaction score
I have a PC and a PS3 I like my PS3 for its games even though you can get most of them on Xbox360. As far as Xbox Live is concerned I will stick with Playstation Network (free). Oh and well my PC can do nearly every think except play games (Ubuntu). I also like the PS3 for the blue ray it does have that over the other consoles even though the PC can play Blue Ray. Thats it for me.

wongers

Reaction score
I have a PC and a PS3 I like my PS3 for its games even though you can get most of them on Xbox360. As far as Xbox Live is concerned I will stick with Playstation Network (free). Oh and well my PC can do nearly every think except play games (Ubuntu). I also like the PS3 for the blue ray it does have that over the other consoles even though the PC can play Blue Ray. Thats it for me.

Playstation Network is free, but sucks, Xbox Live is better because, yes you have to pay for it but its superior in practically every way!! (except for the paying for it part)

and lets face it, the PC is far greater then any games console, and tbh, if i could be arse to work it out, i bet it would be cheaper too. i think that a game developer or "someone" needs to create a gaming community for the PC like XBL or PSN (so you can get acheivements).

i'm thinking of getting a wireless receiver so i can use my Xbox pad on my PC anyways for some games, but tbh im more about FPS and FPS should be a mouse and keyboard and no back chat!!

i will begin works on preliminary calculations as to whether PC gaming could infact be cheaper than console gaming, although, i'm already confident of my findings :)

websitedude

Reaction score
Xbox 360 is the better console especially with its consumber freindly packages so don don't pay for a hard drive size you don't need. Also if project natal is within £100 that will boost xboxs even further ahead of ps3. However here is another idea get a pc. Games consoles get dated before to long but a pc you can just update so it is always with the times. Can't beat xbox live though the servers are a million times better than the wii and the ps3.

The wii is the best console if you are a person interested in a bit of online play but mainly family games.

wongers

Reaction score
Xbox 360 is the better console especially with its consumber freindly packages so don don't pay for a hard drive size you don't need. Also if project natal is within £100 that will boost xboxs even further ahead of ps3. However here is another idea get a pc. Games consoles get dated before to long but a pc you can just update so it is always with the times. Can't beat xbox live though the servers are a million times better than the wii and the ps3.

The wii is the best console if you are a person interested in a bit of online play but mainly family games.

I have to admit, I'm really looking forward to Project Natal. Its probably the only reason why i still stick with game consoles and dont completely give up and stick with PC gaming.

im probably going to go with Wii is best for in house gaming parties with games like bowling, boxing and other various games like Olympics games (i think its mario and sonic olympics?) , 360 is better for XBL and gaming when it comes to call of duty (online/offline).

smurfboi76

Reaction score
They do have a system it is called xfire.com which is really close to PSN but it doesn't have the achievements part. A lot of PC Games have achievements built into them like Battlefield 2142 and all the other newer FPS'es.

wongers

Reaction score
does Xfire offer public server listings for game multiplayers??

ive got Xfire on one of my machines and i know it shows my friends online, what games they are playing and if i have the option to join them in game online.

but as you said its missing an acheivments feature, altho again, as you said, many games do, CoD, WoW, seems to be a very popular new feature. altho i wish there was some form of rewards for an acheivements system like being able to uise XBL acheivements points to buy perks or something (same with PSN trophies).

but do Xfire offer a listing of public servers for online games? that would kind of useful if you were able to search for servers from xfire as apposed to loading the game first.

phazzedout

Reaction score
I bought an XBox 360 thinking I was getting the best for Multimedia. I later found out that the PS3 plays and runs much more different types of extensions for Videos and Pictures. This angered me, because the XBox used to only play videos that were (the real ****ty) .WMV. Later the XBox broke and customer support was being a real pain in the ass. I always regretted buying that XBox.

I say PC is by the best of any console. Homebrews and Professionals. Also you can mod games.