Game developers and artists needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

amit142

Reaction score
hi,
i am developing a new game website and need the following staff, if anyone is interested please reply:

1)Story creators: you need to create a story for the game
2)Game Artists: creation of appropriate characters and designs for the game (must be able to design effectively using any of the available design softwares)
3) Game Developers(no programming skills necessary as we will be using a software that wont require any programming): Developing the game
4)forum administrators: administrating the forums that will be installed
5)Chat Administrators: administrating the chat that will be installed

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
I am interested in 1 and 4.
How many credits will you give us?

Sohail

Reaction score
I think a game developer would require way more than 400 credits... Seeming as that's around how much you have...

You would probably need around 20,000 xD!

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Yeah, that takes time and time is money!
I am only doing 1 and 4 if I get like at least 300 credits.
It takes work to do all of those things and boy do I want a domain!
(9000 credits/year)

Dan

Reaction score
Unless you are offering some form of payment I doubt anyone will actually do it!! Making a game requires a lot of effort. I would do it if I was getting something out of it!

Kraze_T

Reaction score
i would be happy to do any of the, or even all of them if you needed, i would be happy if you would pay some credits now or even some credits later, but depending on what it is i might even help you for free ;).
Please pm me for more details.
thanks

Sohail

Reaction score
Maybe you should pay people using PayPal as it would be much easier for you, and other people :).

pgames

Reaction score
1)I would probably like helping out with the story for free.

3)If you teach me about game development, I would gladly do it for free...

Last edited:

yokofigueroa

Reaction score
Ohh...i Can Help If You Want To
I Know 3d Modeling, Joints Vertices All Those Stuff U,u

Zdroyd

Reaction score
This does not seem to be organized enough...

You realy should have a game idea before you even start with forums and Artists, because we dont even know who is running these operations, whos names will be on the game and what the "company" name will be.

Also do you have any game dev. experience yourself? Because you should have games (that you made by yourself) to show before you start a company.

Your idea is flawed... First you should make games yourself, then ask for staff.

amit142

Reaction score
come on. i have made several games myself, but i think that if we organize the game with several developers we will be able to make a wonderful game.

now,
the name of all the people who are helping in the game development will be reflected in the game as well on the game website.

i have thought of the company name as name as IASO Games. we will start by providing free games initially, as we gain experience in developing games we may sell the game by using some more advanced game engines like crystalspace. At this point all the profit that we gain from the games will be distributed equally among all the developers/artists/administrators. (till then we will distribute the amount gained by advertising like adsense equally)

if you like my plan please pm me. currently i am details about development to the above replies who are interested

Zdroyd

Reaction score
Sadly you do not understand, making a game company is not as simple as saying "Who wants to make a game?". First thing is that, like I said, most people do not know you.

You need to open a site that show YOUR work. Then once everyone gets to know you better, you come up with a game idea and ask for help with it.

Because you need a leader who will deside what the games will be like and how they will play out. You should first make a proto type, and then pitch it to the x10 community asking for people who would like to help.

Sadly in the long run you are thinking too far ahead. And I have gone through this before. As said in one of my favorate poems:

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!"
-To A Mouse, by Robert Burns

Translation:
The best laid schemes of mice and men
Go often askew,
And leaves us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!

Last edited:

demoneyes905

Reaction score
This does not seem to be organized enough...

You realy should have a game idea before you even start with forums and Artists, because we dont even know who is running these operations, whos names will be on the game and what the "company" name will be.

Also do you have any game dev. experience yourself? Because you should have games (that you made by yourself) to show before you start a company.

Your idea is flawed... First you should make games yourself, then ask for staff.

I definitely agree with Zdroyd over here. It seems to me that you will manage the website while all the game and applications programming and back end stuff will be done by this "staff" and although that is fine, this brings up a series of questions:

1) What sort of games are you looking for?
2) What sort of parameters or conditions are involved?
3) Is there any theme(s) to this website that we need to adhere to?
4) What kind and how will the payment will be given to the huge amount of work going into your website?

Without having a complete plan that has all 4 things in mind, people cant effectively help you. I am a game programming major and so are three of my friends who also have some experience doing this. We can help you if you have an organized plan to go about this.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Dude...stop bumping EXTREMELY old threads...
Come on man...this was is in 2008...
As Black Eyed Peas said it:
"You are 2000 and late"

Last edited:

Kinight40

Reaction score
I'd be interested in Forum and Chat administrator. If the Chat is IRC, i can set up a server for you provided you have a machine :) But credits PLZZZZ

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Guys, stop bumping this thread. It is clear that the thread starter isn't checking this thread.
*****Thread Closed*****

Status
Not open for further replies.