Game movies

fempower

Reaction score
For movies based on games, have they been getting any better lately? Will Uri Boll ever make a decent one? Why do you think the companies keep using him? Who else should they be going to instead? Which do you think are the best movies from games?

I like the Resident Evils.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I personally liked Uwe Boll's last two movies. The one based on Dungeon Seige, even though it was cheesy, I've seen worse.

Postal was really good though. It was funny most of the time and it was actually pretty faithful to the game.

Max Payne looks like it may turn the whole movies based on games are crappy thing around. I hope so. As long as they don't turn the movie into a mindless shooting fest, I'll be satisfied.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I'm not sure if they are getting better, considering I've only seen "War of the Servers" as a game movie, but I assume they're pretty good as stated before, if there's not all shooting. Explosions I'll go for any day though :D

fempower

Reaction score
Max Payne looks like it may turn the whole movies based on games are crappy thing around. I hope so. As long as they don't turn the movie into a mindless shooting fest, I'll be satisfied.

The commercials do look interesting, though I have to say that Wahlberg doesn't look constipated enough (like the Max Payne in the game).

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The commercials do look interesting, though I have to say that Wahlberg doesn't look constipated enough (like the Max Payne in the game).

Agreed. I mean in one scene at least he needs that "I'm pinching off a baby" look...That's all I'd really ask for.

lanxce

Reaction score
Wouldnt it be great if they'd make a Prince of Persia movie? the game trilogy does have a good story behind it

wwmebax

Reaction score
I am looking forward to the WoW movie too...
2011... thats a long time :eek4:

Agenator

Reaction score
It sucked major [explitave here] yeah, seriously I think a mindless shooting fest would've been better. I've personally never played the game, but from the stand point of a person who just walked into the theater and saw it, I wish I had my 10 dollars back. The story line was weak to best, and each scene was horribly cut together. The story became confusing and the action scense, were, well, meh. I've seen alot better, havn't seen much worse (but then again I dont see movies all that often anymore). I would rate Max Payne a little better than the crappy doom movie, but not much higher. Go see it for yourself i you dont believe me.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It sucked major [explitave here] yeah, seriously I think a mindless shooting fest would've been better. I've personally never played the game, but from the stand point of a person who just walked into the theater and saw it, I wish I had my 10 dollars back. The story line was weak to best, and each scene was horribly cut together. The story became confusing and the action scense, were, well, meh. I've seen alot better, havn't seen much worse (but then again I dont see movies all that often anymore). I would rate Max Payne a little better than the crappy doom movie, but not much higher. Go see it for yourself i you dont believe me.

I have not seen it yet but I have read the bad reviews. None the less I'm disappointed.

That DOOM movie was a total crap fest though.

JessicaM

Reaction score
I don't offen Like video game movies because Ether 1) they just suck and have bad wirting or 2) It doesn't stay ture to the games. Sometimes I feel they don't even look for sorce material and Just make the movie when they know nothing about the games.

However I am looking forward to the Prince of Persia.

And there's a WoW movie coming out. GOD WHY! (sorry to those who like the game, I just can't stand the series)

chisaku

Reaction score
Somehow I dislike movies made from games... the movies always leave so much important information and happenings out because they're either hard to do or they take too much time.

I'd say that they leave the games alone. I do hope they don't make a "Beyond Good and Evil" movie... or a Zelda one.

fempower

Reaction score
It's disappointing to hear that Max Payne was so bad. I think that the Resident Evil movies and games really helped each other along; Paul W.S. Anderson and Milla Jovavich did amazing jobs...

Zangetsu

Reaction score
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_video_games

and i has seen the following
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (June 15, 2001) (who didnt)
Resident Evil (March 15, 2002) (satisfactory)
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (July 25, 2003)
Resident Evil: Apocalypse (September 10, 2004)
BloodRayne (January 6, 2006)
Resident Evil: Extinction (September 21, 2007)
Hitman (November 21, 2007)
(and a few others)

movehs me wants to cee
# Far Cry (October 2, 2008)
# Max Payne (October 16, 2008)
# Area 51
# BioShock
# BloodRayne III: Warhammer
# Devil May Cry (personal favorite)
# Halo (again a personal favorite)
# Metal Gear Solid (yup you've guessed it another personal favorite)

heck im gonna watch em all

Last edited:

soul_669

Reaction score
I think they did a reasonable job on the resident evil movies except for the cloning and the psychic powers. I reckon it would be good to see a devil may cry movie as long as they get a decent director and script witter.

adamlinux

Reaction score
I think that we are long overdue for a good and realistic Zelda series based movie. It would be really awesome if they used content from all of the games in a plot that made sense. The only problem with this idea is either its an great success or its an epic fail, I doubt people would compromise at all when It comes to such a classic. But It would be so coll if they got it right...:biggrin:

skai123

Reaction score
They are making a MGS movie, coming next year or something i believe... Can't wait, lol