Games with a good storyline

lewen.yu84

Reaction score
The Half-Life series has a nice story behind it. Isn't obvious as first, but you figure it out as the game progresses. The Halo Series believe it or not also have a good storyline to them. They are after all, based on books.

Could you clarify this? Are you talking about the Halo novels or perhaps some mythology that the Halo games were based off of?

skyjham61

Reaction score
Another game with good storyline
Resident Evil :wink:
Super Mario :smile:
Final Fantasy 8)

Jhamelna
www.yuushouri.co.cc
1320433979.png

eternalmoon

Reaction score
If you haven't already, Mass effect 1 and 2 are awesome! Both are also made by Bioware.

I greatly enjoyed the story in Dream Fall as well, I think it was made by Funcom.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Both ;P I still haven't played Reach, but I'd like to... But yeah, both of those titles have really awesome storylines for the single player mode.

I preferred MW2 to Black Ops though... Although Black Ops did improve about half way through.

Jennacide

Reaction score
I preferred MW2 to Black Ops though... Although Black Ops did improve about half way through.

OMG! I soooooo felt the same way! I played through BOps and when I was done... I was like, huh... it was oooohhhhkay but it was no Modern Warfare *giggles*

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not really a /new/ game, but The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind had a great storyline to it. The storyline in StarCraft and StarCraft: BroodWar also has an amazing story.

skyjham61

Reaction score
Tekken games character story :)
all of the character have their own story :) very nice....

Everything you can imagine is real ^_^

kcmodc25

Reaction score
Uh, Max Payne 2 (the Fall of Max Payne) was a good one. Probably the best one I've seen done so far. Red Faction I was pretty good, as was Chaser (except for the end). Tachyon:The Fringe was allright, Nocturnal was pretty rad.

Heard of those games you guys mention...never played them.

djaries7932

Reaction score
I'm playing fear 3 right now...great so far.

My nod for storyline would have to go to the game I just finished "Homefront" I really liked the story, unfortunately it's a very short game.

I'm sure I could think of a better one, but I have short term gaming memory...

kcmodc25

Reaction score
CORRECTION...
That game was called "Nocturne", not "Nocturnal". Pretty freakin' awesome storyline. I found the demo one day a few years back in the trash can in front of my apartment. Thought it might be kinda lame but ended up buyin a copy off Amazon. You're a detective called "The Stranger" who has to investigate all these supernatural crimes. It's set in the 1930s or something.

Oh yeah, then there's the ONLY game I ever liked on the Sony Playstation II, "The Warriors". A pretty awesome video game version, not sure if it is based on the original cut of the movie. Only complaint is there a few "big boss" levels, a video game device I find totally weak.

Finally, there's "XIII", a visually stunning video game with awesome storyline that doesn't really let up until it's kind of trite ending. Voiced by David Duc. of the X-Files and done in this box cartoon style.

Oh yeah, I played all of these on Windows 98SE (hate game consoles & their controllers). I don't really play video games these days except for those "pick out the item from a picture games" like Jewel Quest, Mystery Case Files, etc.

Last edited: