GeForce 9400GT. Is this good?

Saurabh007

Reaction score
9400 GT isn't a Serious Gamings card...
dependent on which games u want to play...
personally i have this card so if u have questions u can ask ??

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmm, I was going to say I have a GeForce 8600GT, and it's fine for anything I've thrown at it so far, and it'd be logical for the 9400GT to be better, but according to these guys, the 8600GT is better.....

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=82328

I can't vouch for the knowledge and factual content of their posts, and it could be utter nonsense, but I'd be surprised if you weren't satisfied with the card.

xPlozion

Reaction score
how much are you looking to spend? i spent $110 on my xfx 9800gt, and it performs much better than my old card (8400gt). it would barely run cod4 on it, and chances are that it'll do the same on a 9400gt. the only diff is that i heard that the 9 series can run aa w/out any fps difference.

so, go for the 9800gt if you can. you won't regret it.

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you look at the number you can tell what's good and not good for gaming.

In the 9000 series if you pick a card that's 9500 or below it's basically entry level and not really good for anything but normal desktop use.

9600 and above is what's good for gaming and the like.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
The 8-series is still a fine set of cards.. very few differences from the 8 and 9 series. An 8600GT can handle COD4 on pretty decent settings, and Crysis on medium/low at pretty good framerates

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I have a 6150 LE and it runs nothing haha.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The 8-series is still a fine set of cards.. very few differences from the 8 and 9 series. An 8600GT can handle COD4 on pretty decent settings, and Crysis on medium/low at pretty good framerates

8800gt here, lovin' every minute of it. Didn't put Crysis on vista but it ran really well on XP SP3, COD4 was fine cept the game is insanely freakin SHORT for single player.

Technicolour

Reaction score
9400GT is a low end card hence the price.

Would recommend to get at least a 9800GT if your wanting to play any current games

hezuo

Reaction score
gee, i think it's time for me to change my old 128mb video card XD

warlordste

Reaction score
GeForce 9400GT good graphics card for games i have one and its not let me down on any game yet thinking about giving my pcs a overhall for the new year and upgrading all my components in my pcs going to put this graphics card in some of them :)

Brayans

Reaction score
what about the ATI´s video cards?
i have a Sapphire 1950x PRO , is it good compared to GeForce cards?