Get indexed in Google, Yahoo and Windows Live

pc-whizz

Reaction score
Fed up with having to wait 2+ months to get your site indexed? How does 1 WEEK sound? If you answered yes then read on, if you answered no, read on because you might change your mind.

Overview: Most people want to get people to their site. A free way to do this is to get indexed in search engines like Google. However, it can take 2+ months to get Google to even look at your site. There is a way to get indexed quicker! How? you might ask. That's what this thread is for!

1. Sign up with a forum account on a good forum. x10 is a great forum as it has a PageRank of 3/10.

2. In your signature include a link to your site and something to entice people to go to it. (Look at my signature for an example) Make sure you have a text link and/or banner.

3. Post quality posts regularly and make sure it includes your signature.

4. Google and other search engines index forums regularly and your post will be checked out. Then the bot (a piece of software that does the indexing) will check out the text link.

5. Wait a day or two and your site should be indexed in Google, Yahoo and Windows Live. If this doesn't work, submit your website to a search engine.

Real example: My website, PC-Whizz.com is only about one week old (at the time of posting). I put a link in my signature and then in about one week I was indexed! Compare this to my old website, Socoma Australia.com which took about 2-3 months to get indexed.

I hope you find this useful!:cool:

JediCid

Reaction score
Great Little Trick! I don't Do much Posting, but I will give this a try when my site is done! Thanks

souradipm

Reaction score
I don't know why but my site was indexed a week after I entered it into Google and it was actually half-complete with no links to it. Guess you were just unlucky to wait 2+ months :p

onyx77

Reaction score
You forgot one really important thing (well maybe more). What about XML sitemaps? All the big SE now support XML sitemaps and you can even ping them when there is something new on your site.

onyx77

Reaction score
Just so you will see I am not crazy and what I said before actually is very important. I started a new page when I got hosting here. And all I did was add some content and make sure google was always informed (pinged) right after i published it in my site. I made my first post on 2008/08/15. I have no incoming links nor did I do anything else but to have XML sitemaps.

My site have 7 indexed paged on Google in less then 1 week with only sitemaps. Make a note of this :)

EDIT: Well I did make sure my site is SEO friendly.

Last edited:

mujtaba91

Reaction score
yup...
I agree..
Sitemaps really help...
But i wanna know one thing...
Previously my old website was indexed by Google in a month but then removed 2 months later...
Can anyone tell y it happened?

relisys

Reaction score
my site was indexed within 1 week, reason why was becuase of these steps

first make sure all your links are connect properly (allot of people over look this)

second make a site map

third upload your site and site map to google, yahoo,windows live ect,

fourth make sure your website as loads of links becuase google love sites with links back

that's what i did and look iv got over 400 pages indexed with google

i have even got a few key words in there to

if you make your way to www.google.com and type in (firework store) im 6 on the second page

my site only a few month old so it goes to show , just make sure you site links connect well and you have unique content

socialnu2

Reaction score
Fed up with having to wait 2+ months to get your site indexed? How does 1 WEEK sound? If you answered yes then read on, if you answered no, read on because you might change your mind.

Overview: Most people want to get people to their site. A free way to do this is to get indexed in search engines like Google. However, it can take 2+ months to get Google to even look at your site. There is a way to get indexed quicker! How? you might ask. That's what this thread is for!

1. Sign up with a forum account on a good forum. x10 is a great forum as it has a PageRank of 3/10.

2. In your signature include a link to your site and something to entice people to go to it. (Look at my signature for an example) Make sure you have a text link and/or banner.

3. Post quality posts regularly and make sure it includes your signature.

4. Google and other search engines index forums regularly and your post will be checked out. Then the bot (a piece of software that does the indexing) will check out the text link.

5. Wait a day or two and your site should be indexed in Google, Yahoo and Windows Live. If this doesn't work, submit your website to a search engine.

Real example: My website, PC-Whizz.com is only about one week old (at the time of posting). I put a link in my signature and then in about one week I was indexed! Compare this to my old website, Socoma Australia.com which took about 2-3 months to get indexed.

I hope you find this useful!:cool:

Thanks for that :)
Also, how do you find out the pagerank?

onyx77

Reaction score
mujtaba91: well in most cases this happens due to too quick site growth. This "effect" is called sandbox. Just keep on working on your site and eventually you'll get back in.

I can't tell you how long it will take since it can be 2 weeks (in rare cases) or up to 6 months. For now keep your mind on yahoo and msn. Get as higher as you can in serps.

good luck!

socialnu2: the best way is to get google toolbar or just google for pagerank checker.

Last edited:

hamsn

Reaction score
good very good,

also for gaining popularity and making search engine robots visit ur site more frequently and keep up to date on search results
or its an annoying thing pages not found, also what about page rank?????

chappill

Reaction score
As soon as I read this post I added a banner, a text link and an avatar, I hope this helps xD

Sohail

Reaction score
Oh no my secret's been revealed :p i've had my website link in my signature for over a year, and it really is worth it if you have at least 5 quality posts per day, i ended up getting over half of my traffic from x10.

zen-r

Reaction score
Thanks PC-Whizz -your tip has proven useful.

I submitted my website to Google, Yahoo & Microsoft search engines several weeks ago. It was indexed & appeared in Yahoo & Microsoft soon after (I can't remember how long after exactly -probably under a week). I was even pleased to see how high up in the search results it appears, given the right few keywords -especially as the website is only a make-shift design at this stage, with only 1 page & few links.

However, many weeks later it still remains absent from Google. It amuses me that this means that even if you type the full web address for the website in Google's search box, it still can't find it. Duh! :nuts:)

I then came across your tip, added the website link to my signature in this forum, & hey presto, the very next day my site was at last appearing in Google! OK, it only appears within the text for a link to this forum, but it is a start. I'll give Google's bots another chance to index my site, & hopefully within the next few days, it may actually have a direct link. I'll report back here to update any results.

Also, thanks to others for the site-mapping suggestion. I had already heard about this tip, but haven't used it myself yet, as the website only consists of 1 page & a map seemed a bit pointless! As soon as the site gets developed, I will definitely add a map. Judging by your comments, having a site-map could be a key factor in getting rapid indexing within Google.

zen-r

Reaction score
UPDATE, as promised ;

3 days after my last post here, Google at last recognises that my website exists, & it now appears as a direct link in the search results.

It is possible that the website is now indexed in Google as a result of my submitting it several weeks ago. By I prefer to think that it is more likely now indexed as a result of recently linking to it in these forums.

Again, good tip, PC-Whizz ! :cool: