Get indexed in Google, Yahoo and Windows Live

redbud

Reaction score
I agree that a site map works. If you provide Google a sitemap, it should be indexed within a day or two.

kinley3

Reaction score
Clever little trick. I'm self-conscious about linking my site though haha

allofus

Reaction score
Site map is a must have, as are back-links from other sites if you can get ( or create ) them.
Linked images also seem to work well as does having all the image ALT tags with relevant descriptions.

Accessability features such as the ability to change font size, audio content and text-2-speech / braile reader compatability are also claimed to be looked open favourably by the search engines but very little feedback on this so far. Keyboard based navigation is another area worth considering as not everybody is comfortable or indeed able to use a conventional mouse.

But of course this is just the small stuff, little tweaks to the page code that help fine tune your pages performance. For serious results you need visitors and to get them you need original and relevent content and lots of it, if you have that then the search engines will find you.

My studies and a bit of trial + error and I agree 100% with you.

If your website and content is wc3 compliant you are advantageous because wc3 basically demands that your content is accessible to blind and disabled people. alt="describe image (containing keywords of course)" on all of your images, title="describe link (containing keywords of course)" and then shortcuts too, accesskey="whatever command" adds compliance but the beauty is that you are adding content that search engines will accept and it is all hidden so not spoiling your visual content and 'keyword' can be repeated many, many times without aggravating either your human or bot visitors!

Personally I have little interest in any of this advice because our website is mainly driven by word of mouth, referrals and empathy, not appreciation by SE's, but that said a bit of SEO does not hurt us either!

btw, off-topic, we let loose on our new site 2 days ago! take a look if you like.

walidno1

Reaction score
my previous sites took 1 week to get indexed after I uploaded the sitemap... However, my new site has no contents (nothing) and it got indexed...I dunno, why tho....... :p

gonzana

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips!! :biggrin: I found them very useful (all of them)!

Awesomexr

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. Hopefully i'l get indexed.. waited for like 2 weeks now.

relisys

Reaction score
man this thread is old! lol well any way just to update tips

always make sure you have good content on the site, google likes this, also when placing your description and keywords in a page remember to fit it around the content you have posted on that page. Makes more sense then ever :cool:

cresco

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the tips everyone! I was beginning to grow impatient with Google's spiders, but hopefully now they will find me with greater ease. I'll give the sitemap a shot as well and see how that goes.

Cheers!

gogamagog

Reaction score

where do you setup the
signature here or do ya just put it in manually like this

"ROAD RUNNER BAIL BONDS LLC"
A New Jersey based Bail Bonds Company, serving the state of New Jersey.
Bail Bonds 24/7 - Call day or night at (732) 744-0700 for your bail.
http://www.roadrunnerbailbonds.x10hosting.com/

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Signature can be added using USERCP,left handside u can see SIGNATUREs

gsrecord

Reaction score
Sweet. I'm definitly trying this. I want my record label to be expanded and more known.

EDIT: I can't find it on the USER CP page. Where is it exactly?

Last edited:

gogamagog

Reaction score
Sorry vishal2 but I have to agree with gsrecord I don't see it.
This is what i got

2010-01-13_192210.jpg

is it possible were missing something or is in somewhere else

Edit:
ok everybody i just checked google and it took less then 16 hours for my site to get indexed that was using digg.com so just digg your site and you'll indexed in a day then all you have to do is boost your rating :cool:;)

Last edited:

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
U must be able to add signatures once u make 6 or 7 postings.... In the Settings & options

hwplace

Reaction score
Fed up with having to wait 2+ months to get your site indexed? How does 1 WEEK sound? If you answered yes then read on, if you answered no, read on because you might change your mind.

Overview: Most people want to get people to their site. A free way to do this is to get indexed in search engines like Google. However, it can take 2+ months to get Google to even look at your site. There is a way to get indexed quicker! How? you might ask. That's what this thread is for!

1. Sign up with a forum account on a good forum. x10 is a great forum as it has a PageRank of 3/10.

2. In your signature include a link to your site and something to entice people to go to it. (Look at my signature for an example) Make sure you have a text link and/or banner.

3. Post quality posts regularly and make sure it includes your signature.

4. Google and other search engines index forums regularly and your post will be checked out. Then the bot (a piece of software that does the indexing) will check out the text link.

5. Wait a day or two and your site should be indexed in Google, Yahoo and Windows Live. If this doesn't work, submit your website to a search engine.

Real example: My website, PC-Whizz.com is only about one week old (at the time of posting). I put a link in my signature and then in about one week I was indexed! Compare this to my old website, Socoma Australia.com which took about 2-3 months to get indexed.

I hope you find this useful!:cool:

Yes, but if you use Google Apps, Google will automatically add your site within two weeks. You must be able to change your MX record, though.

infopage

Reaction score
Google and other search engines index forums regularly and your post will be checked out. Then the bot (a piece of software that does the indexing) will check out the text link.
This is also true for Classified Advertising sites - even the free ones:wink: