Getting a site up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitedart

Reaction score
I've read through FAQ and searched the forums but can't find an answer to my question.

I have recently signed up to x10hosting and created an account that gives me the website http://www.unitedart.x10hosting.com/

This is working fine and well. I also own www.united-art.co.uk which was purchased through 123-reg and they give me the option to use a frame to point united.art.co.uk to http://www.unitedart.x10hosting.com. This also worked well except that because it is in a frame I cannot control what goes into the headers. This is where my issue starts.

I changed my dns records for united-art.co.uk to point to 67.228.168.190 and 74.86.117.241

2yuy848.jpg

The next thing I did was log into my x10hosting control panel and set up a parked domain that looks like
9bku0x.jpg

I thought this was the correct thing to do but now when I try to access www.united-art.co.uk (which has a simple index.html page and image) I get a blank screen and AVG reports a virus JS/Downloader.Agent.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

unitedart

Reaction score
This isn't mine though, I have a simple html page with one image on it. I've just accessed it with another machine here without AVG and as you say it loads a Wordpress blog (it seems to forward to chrisbolivia.net)

That leads me to think the ip adresses I am using in my dns are wrong (77.86.117.241 and 67.228.168.190)

I got these addresses from the FAQ sticky :dunno:

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
These IP adresses are not right
the correct are:
ns1.x10hosting.com ---> 69.162.115.171
ns2.x10hosting.com ---> 74.63.233.253
but you have to add ns records with these IPs.

If you want to create A record then use this IP 74.63.233.7

Last edited:

unitedart

Reaction score
These IP adresses are not right
the correct are:
ns1.x10hosting.com ---> 69.162.115.171
ns2.x10hosting.com ---> 74.63.233.253
but you have to add ns records with these IPs.

If you want to create A record then use this IP 74.63.233.7

I've changed the IP address and it seems to work OK many thanks for your help. I don't know why I have the wrong IP addresses though. I'm trying to find the thread.

I think I need to keep the mx records as they were though as I have mail forwarding rules setup or do I get the option to do that with my free x10hosting account?

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Chnage MX record to unitedart.x10hosting.com priority 0

Cpanel have feature "Forwarders". There you can set email forwarders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.