Getting an Addon Domain to Function as a Seperate domain (Site)

Status
Not open for further replies.

argonath

Reaction score
Good evening all.

I added a new domain as an addon to my account.

Primary Domain: kingdomtools.us

Addon Domain: phoenixpooltournaments.com

Everything in the control panel looks correct, and the addon shows up as a subdomain of the primary.

Now, I go into my website editor (Dreamweaver) and create a new website and setup the FTP. FTP test connects to x10hosting.

My problem is this... I go to create a new index file, and when it saves and uploads it over-writes the kingdomtools.us index.html file.

Im not sure if I need to wait for some time for everything to proppgate the addon change I made earlier today, or, if there is a step I missed to be able to treat my addon domain as a seperate entity when uploading it into /public_html/.

Any guidance, thoughts, or assistance would be helpful.

TIA

Argonath

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
There will be a folder in your public_html same as your add on domain.Login to capnel and check.You have to save that file in that folder.

argonath

Reaction score
kk... will take a look at it, and write back my results here in the forum.

Please do not close thread until I have a chance to try this.

Argonath

argonath

Reaction score
Ok, got it to work.

When I only had a single domain, I could simply put all files into the /public_html/ folder and they defaulted to my primary domain.

Now, it appears I have to change both paths to /public_html/kingdomtools.us and /public_html/phoenixpooltournaments respectively.

I figured it was a simple change/fix, but such is life when working with a subdomain for the first time.

Thanks for the push in the right direction vishal2.

Argonath

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
**Solved**
**Thread Closed**

Status
Not open for further replies.