Getting eNom domains to work with x10Hosting (using their services)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Fixed: rather than using the x10 DNS servers, use eNom and IP record to the x10 IP.

Last edited:

poringy

Reaction score
Yeah, I have been wondering about the same thing. All I can do is park my domain onto x10hosting and transfer the DNS. This, however, disallows me from managing specific features that I was hopefully wanting to use from the domain. Any answers would be appreciated! (some have told me that all I can do is transfer the DNS and that there is no other way)

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
Set the "A" record/s on eNom to the ip address of this server (I forget). You will probably need all of these A records.

@ (or just blank)
mail
ftp
pop3
smtp
(any any subdomains you have, not including your domain and only ones on your domain, e.g. sub.sub.com becomes just sub and sub.poo.com becomes nothing cos poo is not the domain you are dealing with)...

Please ask for better explaination :)

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
MicroProcessor said:
Set the "A" record/s on eNom to the ip address of this server (I forget). You will probably need all of these A records.

@ (or just blank)
mail
ftp
pop3
smtp
(any any subdomains you have, not including your domain and only ones on your domain, e.g. sub.sub.com becomes just sub and sub.poo.com becomes nothing because poo is not the domain you are dealing with)...

Please ask for better explaination :)

Better explanation, please: All I get is a "No website is configured at this address" error.

As well: Google Apps for my Domain, the service dealing with my MX records that I was trying to fix, already works again using the eNom.

Seriously, though, x10, please reenable this as now my account barely works. I really need to fix this stuff with my domain.

Last edited:

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
All I get is a "No website is configured at this address" error.

Either its not parked, or something has messed up. The dns is fine.

Ask corey or another staff member :)

Status
Not open for further replies.