getting index page when i go to my site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquila

Reaction score
my site is not showing and instead an index page is up with folders like private, cgi bin, images. is it just a matter of waiting till my dns changeover is complete or have i not done somthing right? thank you.

user gg2327
myminiaturepainting.com
free hosting

aquila

Reaction score
i think i accidentally deleted the index file in public_html but i do have my own index file.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Place the index file in the public_www folder and your site will show up.

aquila

Reaction score
ok i tried to do that thru ftp and it didn't work so i went into file manager and uploaded index in public www and that worked but all my images are missing as well as all other pages. i'm assuming that all these pages are not working because they're not in public html but when i click on public html and uploaded all files thru ftp they don't seem to want to go in there. they are outside the public html folder. my entire site has already been uploaded but how do i get it to go into public html?

i assume that if i manually uploaded all my files thru file manager into www or public html my entire site would work but how do i get it to work using ftp.it's all a bit confusing. thank you.
Edit:
don't worry about it. i figured it out! i tried dragging and dropping the files into public html and that worked!! thank you for your time though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.