Getting Started...Help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennonno

Reaction score
Okey first i want to say im completly new here (but not on other webhosting services) and x10 look quite promising!

I have gone through the forum to find a simple step by step guide and looked in the Wiki And FAQ to find some help but still dont work!

well what i am trying to do is just to get my simple html w/ css to get up and running
but i only get in the browser and when i click index.html the CSS file dont work. And i want index to run directly (i have done the wizard and i have cleared DNS cache)

Index of /

step by step how i do it.

1. opening cp
2. selecting webroot
3. upload file (index.html, csslek.css, gradient2.jpg)

Note: this all is in the right place...i guess and there is a cgi bin folder there
funny thing is when i go through FTP i dont even find the files? but im using total commander not the best program. (im using CP anyways but just to double check)

thx for the help!

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

omg ... it should be index.html not Index.html...case sens baaargh!

but anyways... my CSS still dont load? when i watch it from my computer it works but not on the server how come?

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Those links point to a domain that belongs to another forum account than the one you posted with. Your current forum username doesn't have a hosting account attached to it. Please use the correct forum username to ask for help with your hosting account next time.

I've found the answer. You've linked the css wrong in your html code. The href link is pointing to "css/cssLEK.css", but the folder css doesn't exist. You've got the css in the root of the site with your index.html, so it should be linked as such "cssLEK.css".

edit: Hmmm....nevermind, there is apparently a css folder, but there's nothing in it as far as I can see. And according to your file list in your post, the cssLek.css is there in the same directory as your index.html which is different than the cssLEK.cess that you linked to in your html code. x10hosting has linux servers that are case sensitive so the upper and lowercase letters have to match exactly here.

Last edited:

Bennonno

Reaction score
Those links point to a domain that belongs to another forum account than the one you posted with. Your current forum username doesn't have a hosting account attached to it. Please use the correct forum username to ask for help with your hosting account next time.

I've found the answer. You've linked the css wrong in your html code. The href link is pointing to "css/cssLEK.css", but the folder css doesn't exist. You've got the css in the root of the site with your index.html, so it should be linked as such "cssLEK.css".

well that is my site? my username on the webhosting is bennonno there too? site is grunt.x10.bz thought u had to create another account for forums? prolly just confused or something. (maybe i have to link it somehow?)

back to problem

but no it is correct i just tried some stuff while u were checking it out. its back to the right linkning again (cssLek.css and not css/cssLek.css) and still dont work :/

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
If you log into your account panel https://x10hosting.com/control/login.php, then you'll find that your forum username attached to that hosting account is a295396256. If you want to, you can swap your forum username to the one you are currently using by clicking swap by the other forum username in your account panel.

Did you get my edit from my other reply? x10hosting uses linux servers so the file names are case sensitive. cssLEK.css is different than cssLek.css. You posted it in your file list as cssLek.css and I'm able to go view it, so that file does exist. When I try to view cssLEK.css, I get a 404 not found error, and that means that it doesn't exist. Make sure that the upper and lower case letters match exactly. It doesn't matter if it works in your computer because you are most likely using windows and windows is not case sensitive. Linux is case sensitive.

Last edited:

Bennonno

Reaction score
wow thx i did the swap so now it should be correct! :D

thx for the help.. never worked with linux before so didnt know it was THAT case sensetive :) now everything works ure the man!

Status
Not open for further replies.