Gettting a forum on your website?

mixnet09

Reaction score
Hello does anyone know a good site i can use to get a forum onto my website.
I need the html to put on my site.
Anyone know any good forums i can USE?

lhyman

Reaction score

go to software and services

click the icon for Softaculous and you will have the option of automatically installing any one of these forums:

phpBB
AEF
XMB
UseBB
MyBB
Phorum
PunBB
SMF

mixnet09

Reaction score
Yes but.... i want to have my own design on the forum i dont want to pick a design i have used the advice you gave me before i already knew about that .

So i want to have my own design on the forums page which i use on all my other pages?

www.mixnetradio.co.uk

lhyman

Reaction score
Then use a CMS for you whole site (like Joomla) including the forums, or program the forums from scratch yourself and use CSS for your whole site...

Look around google, I think there are some tutorials floating around on how to make some basic forums or message boards....

But you will have to google it...

Last edited:

mixnet09

Reaction score
Yea i will see how things go....

Thanks for all your help though... if anyone else has any ideas then feel free to post it here i apriciate it all

awarepoint

Reaction score
If you don't mind paying for a forum, then vBulletin is my favorite out there. I'm thinking of purchasing it myself because you can customize the look and feel of it, and it's very reliable.

allen92

Reaction score
QUICK FIX: If you are using an CMS like Joomla or Drupal you can include your forum in an iframe.

xPlozion

Reaction score
you can customize the look and feel of just about any forum software, you just have to have basic knowledge of a few things (css, html, some php).

a great simplistic forum that's easy to modify is fluxbb (fork of punbb). it doesn't have all the features that phpbb and others have, but it's very lightweight, and easy to modify. I've used it on several of the websites that I made.

Last edited:

jtwhite

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
QUICK FIX: If you are using an CMS like Joomla or Drupal you can include your forum in an iframe.

Yeah but it won't stay that way when they login because it'll redirect to /path/to/forum/login.php or something.

xPlozion

Reaction score
I could be wrong, simply because I don't play with (i)frames, because it's a bad habit to get into, but I think you would actually stay within the frame even after you login...

also, the reason i said to use fluxbb, is because it's real easy to integrate into your site. It's got a tpl file that you can directly add the html that you want to surround the forums in, making it a seamless integration ;) If you want an example of this, you can see it here: http://www.esaw2012.com/forums/

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
phpbb also offers that feature, although the steps are a bit more difficult, but in reward, you get a forum with more options, and more plugins!

Blazer9131

Reaction score
phpbb also offers that feature, although the steps are a bit more difficult, but in reward, you get a forum with more options, and more plugins!

True, PHPbb is a great forums system, I've been using it for the past 2 years.
I've heard of fluxbb, but it seems simple, although that's a good thing for many people..

Also, didn't x10 get rid of Fantisico? (Sad.. I LOVE that, one of the main reasons I prefer free cPanel hosts.. Any other -free- hosting control panel has the same features as x10's cpanel now..)

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
Also, didn't x10 get rid of Fantisico?

They disabled it for a while, since a security hole had been found, but when the hole was fixed, fantastico was up and running again.