Votes: 17 81.0%
  • No, I don't use it.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • What's GIMP?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jbyrns93

Reaction score
I was just wondering how many people here use The GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program) for image editing instead of PhotoShop.

The GIMP is a very useful program for website image creation, making logos, and many other things. If you want more information on it, please click this link to the GIMP website: http://www.gimp.org/

I use it almost daily. The Mac version has a bad thing about it: it requires Apple's X11 runtime environment. I would recommend it highly if you can't afford PhotoShop.

WhiteOut

Reaction score
I love GIMP. People always ask me why I don't just use a cracked version of photoshop. GIMP can do almost all of the things photoshop can and I don't have to steal to get it =D.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
It is my primary photo editing software, I've used it for a while and it is awesome! :)

fbieventservices

Reaction score
Yes, I use it and it is primarily because I cannot afford CS4. :)
Although I do use CS2 at school, where it is already provided.

goldy300

Reaction score
I've never used it. Just about to complete my diploma in IT and have only used photoshop... but I'm downloading gimp now to check it out.

AJradio

Reaction score
I love GIMP. I use it for everything on my X10

The only time I don't use it, Computer Tech at school. Photoshop CS3, that I have NO CLUE how to use. GIMP is easier to understand for me

xpodit

Reaction score
I am now using GIMP, i am starting to become fond of the interface, but I still prefer CS3 for the most part as far as available tools.

xPlozion

Reaction score
i use gimp when i'm on linux. photoshop is my main prog in windows

agroup

Reaction score
i donot use it
i use Ulead PhotoImpact and Adobe Photoshop

compwhizii

Banned
Reaction score
Heh, the other day my friend installed this on a computer at school and was sent to the dean for downloading illegal software on school computers :p