Giving 20,000 credits for the best website design!

Status
Not open for further replies.

medphoenix

Reaction score
Hi bigjoe4,

Please clarify some of my questions.....
1) Do you need Users' login or Forum included in the website?
2) Do you like it to be constructed using any Content Management System?
3) Do you want to keep Banner ads in your site?
4) What color choice you may like?

please response asap.

Sohail

Reaction score
Here is my entry, please note that i can easily change the links and pictures as the PSD files are included so this template is fully edible and rollover image effects are included on the PSD too ;).

templatett5rs5.png

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Hi bigjoe4,

Please clarify some of my questions.....
1) Do you need Users' login or Forum included in the website?
2) Do you like it to be constructed using any Content Management System?
3) Do you want to keep Banner ads in your site?
4) What color choice you may like?

please response asap.

1) No
2) I don't mind but I want to be able to edit it easily so it will need notes and stuff in the code
3) No
4) Not sure, but make it fairly easy on the eye.

Thanks

Dan

Reaction score
Ok, I'm entering!! Should be finished soon.
20,000 credits... I hope I win!

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
sohailamir, for your information I can barely see the link menu with the dark red and black.

Sohail

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, just remember that i have the PSDs and everything so that can be very easily changed.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
sohailamir, for your information I can barely see the link menu with the dark red and black.

That's what I like about it; it's eye catching cos it's red but it's not to harsh on the eye. I don't like too much bright colors.

Last edited:

vol7ron

Reaction score
nice but don't really compete with (http://circuitdesign.com/cdsflash.html)

Almost any site wouldn't compete with that flash page because they'd all blow it out of the water --- it wouldn't be a competition. That flash site is annoying, has too much going on, bad music, poorly layed out, and uninviting.

The only good page that competition has is their welcome page at circuitdesign.com

The non-flash site is even worse then the flash. They only thing they have going for them is that welcome screen.

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Almost any site wouldn't compete with that flash page because they'd all blow it out of the water --- it wouldn't be a competition. That flash site is annoying, has too much going on, bad music, poorly layed out, and uninviting.

The only good page that competition has is their welcome page at circuitdesign.com

The non-flash site is even worse then the flash. They only thing they have going for them is that welcome screen.

LOLOL yes the non-flash is hilariously bad. I also agree that the flash website is very annoying.
Edit:
btw make sure it looks proffessional

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
Ok, Joe. I have entered.
You'll find a PM from me with the address to the site.

texspray

Reaction score
I'll team up with someone.

I'll do a database and back end if you do the front end.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
Deadline is midday eastern time 6th of May. As for pure valid I don't really mind too much as long as it works on all poplar web browsers.
Edit:
sohailamir52, I would like to see a propper preview of your entry; it's hard to judge just an image. I would also appreciate it also if you coppied some of the content from my old site so I can see what it will look like. thanks

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
Here's the link, everything can be changed easily with the PSD like the colours and stuff, i could do anything you need changed for you if you like.

http://sohailtech.com/template/template.html

I hope you like it and i'm not sure if the that one has the rollover links because that's another version and just so you know, the rollovers for each button bright up just like the home button and it would stay lit up according to which page it is on. If there's anything that you think is wrong or don't like about the template then i can fix it for you easily :).

scorch94

Reaction score
I enter the contest too :)
I hope I win ;P
Edit:
Hey, man, do you need a MySQL backend? If so, do you need an admin panel as well?

Last edited:

bigjoe4

Reaction score
No, I don't need a MySQL backend, sohailamir52 you will have a higher chance of winning if you design some images; such as a title ect. for the site.

gnutellapoky

Reaction score
I'm new here but not new to web site design.
I am tempted to remodel your site just because I am building my portfolio and I want to design for actual businesses and not just dummy companies. I know that the flash site you showed for reference really is a bad one (so any clean and decent design should beat it hands down). There are only a few applications that a pure flash site would work really well for and this isn't one of them. Was it just a fictitious company? Every element in there goes against basic design principles, especially if it's meant to be a professional site.

And one more question--is the deadline absolutely, positively May 6th?
That's around finals week.

bigjoe4

Reaction score
I'm new here but not new to web site design.
I am tempted to remodel your site just because I am building my portfolio and I want to design for actual businesses and not just dummy companies. I know that the flash site you showed for reference really is a bad one (so any clean and decent design should beat it hands down). There are only a few applications that a pure flash site would work really well for and this isn't one of them. Was it just a fictitious company? Every element in there goes against basic design principles, especially if it's meant to be a professional site.

And one more question--is the deadline absolutely, positively May 6th?
That's around finals week.

No it was not a fictious company and yes the deadline is the 6th of may :)

Status
Not open for further replies.