Globalnews New look! Please review and please advice!

lair360

Reaction score
Dear members, admin and everyone! For 2 months, I was very busy with my novel and I was also constructing a forum board for everyone to have fun and enjoy. But, since I am gone...my old forum was completely abandoned...then...the morons and advertiser came...they wrecked my place. So, I have to delete everyone and start from scratch.

On the other hand, the forum is going to be linked with "Globalnews Blog", which is here: http://lair360.co.uk/blog/
But, the forum is here: http://globalnews.phpbb3now.com

Notes: the reason why I use a free hosting forum are...

1.] Forums and post creates / accumulate a lot of bandwidth and I don't want that to kill my blog. So, I have to separate them. :(

2.] I am worried that the forum is going to kill my Cpanel. So, once again...I have to separate them...

That is all...

Forums: http://globalnews.phpbb3now.com
Blog: http://lair360.co.uk/blog/

------------------------
Ahem...for the blog, I've installed a new theme. It took me 3 days to setup and repair the "header.php" and the "single.php" files. Well...it has bugs and glitches. But, its fixed and repaired. These "wordpress theme designer" sure makes users grumpy! But, I hate to argue with them...so, I have to repair them MYSELF!! That is right...I repaired them myslef. But, the "Single.php" files...I have to re-code them from scratch...its annoying.

P.S. I bought the theme. So, its under my controle! I can alter it and I can kill it if I want. But, I am not going to...it would be a waiste...

Anyway, please review my forum's layout and please comment.

Warning: The forum's board's layout and forum areas are similar to X10hosting. I don't know why...until I have checked it here...BUT...please believe me that...I wrote all of my board from scratch! I did not copy it!!!! I swear the god that I would kill myself if I get blamed by X10hosting admin!

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Is there a reason why you have "PS3 is king and XBOX 360 sucks!" underneith Global News on your forums?

If you're trying to take your forums seriously then a comment like that seems out of place and frankly immature.

Strictly layout wise I think the forums are really nice looking. Clean and to the point.

Last edited:

lair360

Reaction score
Is there a reason why you have "PS3 is king and XBOX 360 sucks!" underneith Global News on your forums?

If you're trying to take your forums seriously then a comment like that seems out of place and frankly immature.

Strictly layout wise I think the forums are really nice looking. Clean and to the point.

Hi there! I didn't notice that!! Its not me!

Somebody hacked my forum months ago....:(
I'll change it back to normal...

Kayos

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi there! I didn't notice that!! Its not me!

Somebody hacked my forum months ago....:(
I'll change it back to normal...

Ah, I see. I didn't know what to think since it was out of the norm. Everything else seemed pretty clean cut and profession and then I noticed that. No worries. :)

Last edited:

lair360

Reaction score
Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
Both your blog and forums look nice in layout and design.The only thing that i wish to add is to add some mouse over effect to your blog navigation bar.It now looks static.
Good Luck :)

lair360

Reaction score
Both your blog and forums look nice in layout and design.The only thing that i wish to add is to add some mouse over effect to your blog navigation bar.It now looks static.
Good Luck :)

Hi! I tried to do this in my blog. However, there is a problem...I need to make another javascript file for this! Its going to take forever.... :eek4:

Anyway, I've implemented an Advertisement services. It looks alright and you might want to check the bottom of the page...its a little script of mine....;)

Page fold Java - style!

Also, you might noticed a difference in my blog...check the sidebar!