Go back to useing the forum for support.

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
I HATE the new support ticket system. You also cannot see what other people's issues are so it's just going to make response time even longer once everyone finds out and starts finding out that you all are not using the forum for support.

I also do not like the new client area in http://x10hosting.com/portal and I do not see any status updates, that is where it should be posted along with being posted on status.x10hosting.com

For the most part you all are a very good hosting company.

Last edited:

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
My personal opinion: the new ticket system will be good at ensuring all tickets are answered. Many free hosting companies do not provide support at all. Response time is generally very good.

Status updates can be seen at status.x10hosting.com and News is generally posted in the News and Announcements section of the forums.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I also prefer the forums to the ticket system.

Any particular reasons why? My major complaint with the forum system was that everything is public; I've already edited out passwords on around 10 tickets sent in on the new system, although that's more for sanity rather than safety since no one but the user and staff can see the ticket, whereas on the forums that password ends up on Google, the account gets suspended cause someone puts something bad on it, and then it's our fault that the password got posted.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
In addition, at any given point there were probably 30 threads on the forums that got completely overlooked because of the way the forums paginated and such. The new ticket system actually displays the total number of unanswered tickets, and lets us set status between answered and still open so that we don't have to crawl through 50 answered threads to find the first unanswered one. This allows us to actually answer every ticket, which definitely didn't happen with the forums.

If you have any preference to either, please explain why -- simply saying "I like this" is meaningless. I will be glad to counter every point brought up against the new system as long as it is well explained.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
I also do not like the new client area in http://x10hosting.com/portal and I do not see any status updates, that is where it should be posted along with being posted on status.x10hosting.com

The support menu in the top navigation bar links to "service status" and "recent news", which link to status.x10hosting.com and the news & announcements forum, respectively.

jpr28056

Reaction score
I for one enjoyed reading the support forums because I learned a lot as someone who had never created a website. I also enjoyed reading Livewire's replies to the TOS violations. Don't get me wrong, X10 provides a great service and I'll go along with what ever is put forth.

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
If you all want to use the new ticket system, than let us preview to make sour that it will fully post our message(s). The new ticket system is broken, it does not post the full message. I hate the new ticket system. Can you please use the forum or use e-mail. :(

stpvoice

Community Support Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
If you all want to use the new ticket system, than let us preview to make sour that it will fully post our message(s). The new ticket system is broken, it does not post the full message. I hate the new ticket system. Can you please use the forum or use e-mail. :(

Nobody else seems to be having issues. Maybe you could provide some more information about the problem that we may be able to use to reproduce and fix it.

FrozenTime

Reaction score
Wish we could change our main domain like we used to before the new portal thing :<
Wonder why they took out that feature :\

SierraAR

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Wish we could change our main domain like we used to before the new portal thing :<
Wonder why they took out that feature :\

Changing the main domain caused many problems in the past, especially when users tried changing their main domain to one that wasn't pointed to our nameservers.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The larger problem was actually the problems it was causing between cPanel and the other software on the server - it wouldn't always change fully and that would result in a permanent "Server Error" page that couldn't be removed without erasing the account and recreating it, which most users would certainly find to be inconvenient, especially as they would be unable to FTP to the account to retrieve a backup first.