God vs. Science

ShadowmasterX

Reaction score
Ok... as a non-god believer... I think that science rules!!

Although there is the conflict of "hope" and belief...
I think that... religion is used to... make and easier explanation of what is happening...

(Opinion): I really dislike people who say: "Well, God made it this way."
or "It was the Will of God"

neofelis

Reaction score
http://www.whywontgodhealamputees.com/... yes website is nice.

I believe in god as a power of existence and accept some concepts in science about god.
There are some questions arising in our mind...
If God doesn't exist then who created the universe?
Universe contains lot of galaxies,
Galaxies consist of solar systems,
Solar system Contain planets,
We are in earth planet.

According to Big bang theory of origin of universe, The universe expanded from an extremely dense and hot state and continues to expand.

Ok, this is just a theory explaining the formation of universe, as well as planets.We can accept this theory, but note the point: an extremely dense structure is the pre-universe one. There are science concepts explaining how universe expands and how galaxies formed, but COULDN'T BE EXPLAINED the appearance of extremely dense structure(From which universe formed).

Someone may answer perhaps God created the dense structure, but who created the god? another god? or God appeared him/her self automatically? These questions have never been answered. And my conclusion is there is a power or something-else we call as god and it exists, on the other hand evil exists too. There may be a super god exists and he/she created the god and evil.

About this Einstein thing, there are no evidence for the assertion that Albert Einstein wrote a book titled God vs. Science, but he wrote Science and Religion.
Check this link(God Versus Science), there also the same conversation is given and argued.

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
evolution has been observed in the lab by inducing bacteria resistant to antibiotics

creating strains of bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics is not evolution. If you ever studied biology, you ought to know that bacterium become immune to antibiotics ONLY from getting the neccessary DNA from another bacterium. They do NOT, can NOT just create or evolve it.
What single study is there that has shown that any organism creates new DNA for itself that is better than what it already has. When I took biology, there were none. That wasn't too long ago, so I have no reason to believe that there are any. That's because it can't happen. Don't you remember the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics? "Things will always go from bad to worse if left on their own" If you leave a book lying on a table and do not touch it, over time, it will start to collect dust, the pages will yellow and grow old and brittle, the spine will start to crack, and finally the book will start to desintigrate.
In the same way, nature, left on its own, will start to desintigrate and fall apart, not get better and more complex.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
According to Big bang theory of origin of universe, The universe expanded from an extremely dense and hot state and continues to expand.

Someone may answer perhaps God created the dense structure, but who created the god? another god? or God appeared him/her self automatically? These questions have never been answered. And my conclusion is there is a power or something-else we call as god and it exists, on the other hand evil exists too. There may be a super god exists and he/she created the god and evil.

Something has existed forever. Lets say god doesn't exist. Where did the earth come from? The big band and dense and hot state. Where did that come from? Something has existed forever. Why can't it be god?

Max1337

Reaction score
This.. I'm not so sure of what to say...
But, God... Noone has ever seen god (and proved it... like with pictures, or a video of anything special happening)... But how can we be so sure that there really is a god? Noone knows for sure... Unless you traveled back in time a few billion years, when earth was made and see yourself.. but time travel is nowhere near reaching our lifetimes.

And Science... Not everything can be proven with science, some people see science as the only explanation to everything (like 'proven scientifically'), if you catch my drift...
Like, science says 'you cannot do magic', or whatever, then how can Jesus do those miracles (as said in the Bible)?
Wouldnt you think that if one person were able to do such things, that it would eventually 'slip out' and other people would also be able to learn how to do it?
I'm not all religious or anything, and be like 'God is the only way', but I'm just saying... That if all that's true, then science is proven wrong about the whole magic/powers deal.
Though, I've never seen someone just go and touch a blind mans eyes, and he can see again... or touch a handicaped persons legs and he can walk again...
So, really... noone knows for sure whats true and whats not between the two.
Though, this is just my opinion, other people may have different views at this.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
But, God... Noone has ever seen god (and proved it... like with pictures, or a video of anything special happening)... But how can we be so sure that there really is a god? Noone knows for sure... Unless you traveled back in time a few billion years, when earth was made and see yourself.. but time travel is nowhere near reaching our lifetimes.
Well, no one has ever observed evolution or proven it with pictures or a video or anything special happening.

And Science... Not everything can be proven with science, some people see science as the only explanation to everything (like 'proven scientifically'), if you catch my drift...
Like, science says 'you cannot do magic', or whatever, then how can Jesus do those miracles (as said in the Bible)?
Wouldnt you think that if one person were able to do such things, that it would eventually 'slip out' and other people would also be able to learn how to do it?
No, Jesus was God. He did give that same ability to heal to His disciples, as you would know if you read to gospels and acts. But, this ability is not something you can learn. It is only something God can give to you. So, if God stops giving it to people, then no one has it anymore, and no one can work miracles. It doesn't 'slip out.' God is all powerful. He decides who does and doesn't have it.