Goggle & Yahoo Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvans

Reaction score
I've submitted my site to Google and Yahoo, but neither is listing me in their searches.

How long should this take before I show up in there index?
I currently do not have any other sites linked to mine, will this make a big difference?

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hello,

It'll take weeks, maybe even months. Submitting your sitemap might help them find pages, but you won't show up in either particularly easily.

-Luke.

2K8 Group

Reaction score
As long as you have meta tags, they come and find you and mine was up there within a day. Maybe I was lucky who knows. If you dont know how to use meta tags I found this great site that generates the tags for you.

http://www.addme.com/meta.htm

cvans

Reaction score
I have meta tags on my home page, and I set up a sitemap for Google.

Months? that seems a little extreme.
I've set up other websites before and once you submit your site, it seemed that within a few hours (day or two at the most) their spiders had crawled the site.

Didn't know if having a subdomain of x10hosting.com changed things much. I know that having external links to my site will help it's ranking.

Thanks

Daniel S

Reaction score
I have a sitemap links from lots of other sites and a sitemap and mine was listed in about 1-3 weeks and now I have a page rank (on home page) of two. It will help you a lot if you build your link up from other website (preferably online free web directories.)

mc150

Reaction score
Yes meta tags are extremely impotent for a website as search engines always looking those to make searches. and for get higher rank in Google and yahoo u need to have at least one static page your website hyperlink else Google will not consider your website and give you less priority.

dynamic pages will always cause the concerns such as flash pages. so do work on these things first and then work on optimizing of your website

dinny_post1

Reaction score
hi first of all,for quick indexing ,,u have to make a little traffic to your website....then only google indexing possible...

Last edited:

pc-whizz

Reaction score
Read my post 'Get indexed in Google, Yahoo and Windows Live'. You'll find all the info you need. Also, meta tags are important but if you have text on your page, it will take the place of the description tag.

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
To see how your site is doing in Google, search for
site: Site Address
An example is
site:example.x10hosting.com

:)
I am sort of in the same boat right now.

tittat

Reaction score
This thread is of more than one year old and i really don't find any good reason to bump it again.
*****Thread Closed*****

Status
Not open for further replies.