Going away for 5 weeks..

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris218

Reaction score
I am going away for 5 weeks, and there is a 2 week inactivity limit.. No internet where I am going./

Can you bypass the limit or something?

Thanks

Reclutador

Reaction score
I think that it's possible to talk with one admin to talk about there, but if in your website are one visit/day, your website will not be closed (i think so)

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Reclutador said:
I think that it's possible to talk with one admin to talk about there, but if in your website are one visit/day, your website will not be closed (i think so)

I'll notify the account creators; however it would save them the trouble if you just got a good friend to log you in once every two weeks..

Jacob

Reaction score
It's not the staff's responsibility to log you into your account so it doesn't get deleted. My advice is to find a trustworthy friend to log you in at least once in a two week period.

chris218

Reaction score
all my trustworhy friends are on holiday / coming with me...

I guessing I am a bet stuck..

Jacob

Reaction score
StarShine is willing to help you - notice the post above.

chris218

Reaction score
Jacob said:
StarShine is willing to help you - notice the post above.
Not meaning to be rude, but I don't even know him, so its not agsaciliy a trustworthy friend... no offence starshine

kryptonyte

Reaction score
You could always leave your computer on and use a Firefox extension that refreshes the webpage every certain amount of time. I know there is one because I've used it before. The only thing that could go wrong is the power could go out in which case your pretty much boned. Backup before you leave maybe?

Jacob

Reaction score
Five weeks of continuous computer usage would be a mistake in my book. There are so many things that could go wrong. I'd advise against that. Maybe there is a library or internet café at the place you are going? Maybe your hotel/place of staying will have internet access. Even dial-up internet would work, it would take all of a minute to simply log into the cPanel.

jensen

Reaction score
Thought there was a post that said something about linking the forum and the CPanel so that you won't have to log in to CPanel every 2 weeks to maintain your account?

Maybe the rewards section would have something to help you. Will go check it out and post here later.

Tabitha

Reaction score
i'm willing to assist you if you like but you dont know me either. and i probly wouldnt give you full acsess to my site either. so this post was pretty much pointless

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
No offense taken ... understandably that you don't know me - but honestly ... if I already have a free account, why would I want to take yours - risk both of us losing an account??

And if I have to just log in once every so often ... its not like I plan to be on it snoopin' around and stealing government secrets.

Your choices are few and far between. If it was a paid account, I would understand ... but its a free account, worst case - I get banned, apologize to the admin and you get to restart your account. *lol*

So, options are :

1. Using a library / cybercafe / Wi-Fi linkup
2. Making a deal with someone here ( Heck, I'll put up $10.00 as good faith )
3. Let your account expire.

Just a thought. Its a quarter to 4 in the morning, I'm pretty grumpy and tired ...

Status
Not open for further replies.