Good FTP Client??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ewarung

Reaction score
Was wondering what's a decent FTP client. I tried filezilla but I seem to get file corruption..

Image files would not load in my webpage and downloaded txt files would have garbage characters.

dunno if it's just me, or does anybody else experienced this??

your input would be appreciated, Thanks..

luni1

Reaction score
if your talking about where you can view folders and areas of your sites data in a window??? if so i just use the secure webdisk that came withx10...dont remember how i got it tho...i just clicked it...it installed...and now i can click on the thingy and it up pops my directory!!! it made it a network connection.

flinx

Reaction score
Filezilla works fine for me. I don't know what might cause your problems, sorry.

mitamata

Reaction score
Try WinSCP.

We use it at work. It's free and I haven't had any problems with it yet :)

"WinSCP is an open source SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is the secure file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers basic file manager functionality. It uses Secure Shell (SSH) and supports, in addition to Secure FTP, also legacy SCP protocol. "

Sohail

Reaction score
Flash FXP is pretty good! Its popular and has quite a few features. Im going to post a thread now on how to use FTP without any programs...

linjef

Reaction score
Hey,

If you don't mind paying a bit, Ipswitch has excellent support.

Of course, I'd have to second WinSCP for SSH/FTP and Filezilla for just typical FTP fun.

Cheers,
Jeff

ewarung

Reaction score
Wow great response thanks everyone for the input.. will give it a try.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
I've never had problems with FileZilla but if you want you can try SmartFTP or CuteFTP. But those are shareware.

chefan

Reaction score
You might try i.Ftp to be found on http://www.memecode.com
It is lightweight, easy to use and generally stable.

Generally when using tools, consider taking a look at www.tinyapps.org
the site specializes in not-bloated tools for people that think their windows is bloated enough, so that they don't need another 20Meg installation for something a 300k tool can do 8)

Regards, Stefan

QuwenQ

Reaction score
If you have Firefox, FireFTP works for me, and the integration is godly.

Mankeke

Reaction score
You can try bulletproof ftp client or fireftp for mozilla firefox

fireput

Reaction score
smartftp works fine for me. its fast and very stable too. I have no problems handling this app at all ...

Della

Reaction score
I use Filezilla for a few different sites and it works fine. You may want to check your attributes or the settings (passive, normal, etc).

rosyth

Reaction score
Yep, SmartFTP is my recommendation solely due to the fact that it supports multiple simultaneous threads! This is great for those stupid hosts that use layeredpanel and don't allow you to unzip archives on the server itself and you have to upload each file individually.

On a side note, if filezilla supported multiple threads, i would use it gladly. It has better features overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.