Good FTP Client??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hussam

Reaction score
i use cuteftp

never had any problem with it and you can also edit your files on server and then reupload them automatically

it can also upload multiple files using a single connection with server, by uploading a single file everytime

peregrinus

Reaction score
WS_ftp Pro 2007 is the best in my opinion. However, the webdisk feature is far better and quicker overall. In cPanel/filemanager you also have the option to unzip so if you have a lot to upload just use that feature. Also no file corruption. That can happen if you use ascii when you should be using binary transfer mode, and vice versa of course. Different settings are required for certain file types...

jjpriest25

Reaction score
Hmmm... FileZila has seemed to work fine for me all the times that I've used it... Also, that webdisk thing doesn't seem work with Vista or dial-up very well...

peregrinus

Reaction score
Hmmm... FileZila has seemed to work fine for me all the times that I've used it... Also, that webdisk thing doesn't seem work with Vista or dial-up very well...

webdisk works very well with vista, however, you have to set it up as a network folder manually. You also need a "fix" from M$...

Manual connection instructions Vista
1. From the desktop, click on Start and then Computer.
2. Then, click on Map Network Drive.
3. From that screen, click Connect to a Web site that you can use to store your documents and pictures, and then click Next.
4. Click Choose a custom network location, and then click Next.
5. Enter the following in the Internet or network address field:
6. Enter your WebDisk username and password when prompted.

Kenny80

Reaction score
If you are using Firefox, use FireFTP because it's simple, efficient, and it's always right there in your browser, whenever you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.