Google Apps and x10hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

prydom

Reaction score
Quick question, is it possible to use Google Apps with a domain with nameservers set to x10hosting? I don't quite like using cPanel's webmail but my domain is registered as my main domain. If so how, if not its fine.

Thanks,

Prydom

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You must use the CPanel MX records tool and change priority level 0 record to ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM after you've signed up for your google apps account.

Last edited:

prydom

Reaction score
Thanks so much will get it done as soon as i have some free time. Didn't know cPanel had a MX editor.

Prydom

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
No problem! Post back if you have any further issues.

Also remember if you create a subdomain or addon domain, you must also change your MX records for that as well. You can add more alias domains in google apps via the control panel.

Last edited:

prydom

Reaction score
Sorry another question, how about calendar? MX is only for mail right? How do i make a cal.mydomain.net point to Google; or mail.mydomain.net point to mail for that matter?

Edit: Um... is that the "alias domains in google apps via the control panel" thing?
Edit:
Great! (sarcasm alert) now I'm getting:

"Destination must be a FQDN"

When setting up a MX record.

Prydom

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
hm, it should be the right MX record. Check the instructions Google gives you for setting it up.

If you want mail.yourdomain.com to point to your google apps, that's a special request that must be put in by staff.

By alias, I mean that forum.yourdomain.com, yourdomain.com, yourotherdomain.com, etc will go to the same google apps account. They call it aliasing. The MX record is the same for all of them.

I'm almost 100% sure it's ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM

prydom

Reaction score
I know Google says so too. Maybe its all these cPanel upgrades or just some problem I'm just not grasping. Copy paste and typing from both sources (Google and you) both result in the same error.

Prydom

Edit: Even with the "." at the end of ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM, like this"ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM." it still results in the same error. :frown:

Edit: (note to self)Once I get this working I got to remember to REP+ you.

Should be final edit: GOT IT! It needed to be lowercase letters. Oh and REP+!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.