Google Apps for Free Hosting Accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

atmforex

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a free hosting user. I would like to know whether Google Apps Email will work for free hosting users. Which means by changing MX records in cPanel to point to google apps mail servers will allow google apps to handle all incoming and outgoing emails ?

The reason I am asking the question because there have been some policy changes by x10 for free hosting users. Like blocking external SMTP (e.g Google SMTP) to send emails via contact us forms hosted with x10's free hosting web servers and adding more countries to blocked lists for new free hosting accounts signups.

Thanks
atmforex

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If you use your own domain name and your own DNS then yes, you can use Google Apps, but from an x10Hosting subdomain through x10Hosting's DNS it is not possible, and sadly this is due to abuse.

However... With that being said, I don't think there is a way to interface PHP scripts and the like with 3rd party mail servers, so it'll just be a separate system. Nothing stopping you using a mailto: link and relying on the user's email set up to get in contact.

These restrictions are not in place on x10Premium hosting plans or x10VPS virtual servers.

Last edited:

atmforex

Reaction score
Hi,

thanks for your quick reply. However I do not understand the "and your own DNS". Although I have configured name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com at domain registrar's end to point to x10's name servers, if that is what is implied the above phrase.

I have already changed MX records to point to Google Apps MX records before asking this question. To test, I could received emails sent from a google apps email account (e.g. info@xyz.com) to a non google apps email account (xyz@gmail.com , zyx@yahoomail.com) but not vice versa.

Yes I am using a domain name xyz.com (addon in cpanel) for google apps and not something like zyx.elementfx.com.

Regards,
atmforex.

Status
Not open for further replies.